SETOWAUT

soyer

Is anyone in Co-existence mode implementing SETOWAUT from JDE ?
Any feedback? ...
Thanks.

I have so far stayed away from using that command because I'm not sure why they do some of the things they do. There are better resources for setting AS/400 security. I have written a paper about setting World security that is out on the JDETips website. I will be submitting a paper for securing OneWorld for the AS/400 next month. The resources I've used so far:
1)IBM Tips and Tools for Securing your system – IBM Publication SC41-5300-05
2)On-line Security Auditor – links directly to on-line documentation, creates a CL that can be run. www.as400.ibm.com/tstudio/secure1/index_av.htm
3)Client Access - Operations Navigator – Security Wizard – helps configure security, can run in report mode
4)IBM AS/400 Security Reference Guide
5)IBM AS/400 TCP/IP Configuration and Reference, Appendix B
6)JDEdwards Knowledge Garden –
a)World – SAR 2662948 – World Software Security
b)OneWorld – Setting up AS/400 OneWorld database security.
c)OneWorld - document oti-01-0010 – Changing the JDE Password,
d)OneWorld - document oti-99-0012 – Issue causing ONEWORLD profile to have *ALLOBJ special authority,
e)OneWorld document OTI-01-0082 – Windows 2000 registry issues
7)IBM Redbook – JDEdwards OneWorld Implementation for AS/400
8)OneWorld Security Tips – Paul Greer
9)Creating a New Environment in OneWorld – Jean Driscoll – www.JDETips.com
10)JDE OW Security Strategy - QSSI-02-0005 – Qsoftware website.

SETOWAUT was designed to "lock down" all OneWorld objects. The command uses the jde.ini to help locate the OW objects to lock down. There is a document that is referenced in the SETOWAUT download that explains exactly what is required to implement in a co-existent environment. In a coexistent environment there are different SETOWAUT parameter settings than non-coexistent plus additonal World steps to perform. The instructions step you thru what needs to be done.

Back