Archiving JDE OneWorld XE

cka

[laugh]For sure this is no laughing matter! Who has experience archiving data? We are thinking of setting up a separate archive environment in JDE OneWorld XE to access our purged data. We are a government agency and must keep the majority of our data. Any reports or screens would be read only. Can anyone help me out on how they are reporting off archived data and how you set it up?
Carol Austin/Denver Water Department
Denver, Colorado
(303) 628-6270 [email protected]

Carol,

Welcome to JDEList -- your questions AND answers are always welcome! Please be sure to include your system configuration on your posts or signature -- it can have an effect on the responses you get.

As for archiving, exactly what type of data are you going to be archiving? We have done archiving of WO's, SO's, PO's, and Cardex transactions thus far, and I'd be glad to send you some additional details on what we've done in these areas if it's a match for you. Otherwise, I'd suggest you search the JDEList site for "archive" or "purge" posts.

Don,

I'd be interested in reviewing what you've done in the way of an archive/purge strategy. We've been live on Xe for three years and I believe it is time to formulate a plan!

Thanks,

...Bryan Ray
OW XE, Update 3, SP20_S1, Sun Solaris, Oracle 8.1.6

Bryan,

Please disregard the private message I just sent you on JDEList -- I hadn't checked my e-mail yet. Attached please find information on our archive/purge strategy, including a few SQL scripts at the end. Hope this helps.

Don Sauve
Wagstaff, Inc.

JDEDork <[email protected]> wrote:
JDEDork replied to your post at the site: .
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=OW&Number=63008

Don,I'd be interested in reviewing what you've done in the way of an archive/purge strategy. We've been live on Xe for three years and I believe it is time to formulate a plan!Thanks,...Bryan RayOW XE, Update 3, SP20_S1, Sun Solaris, Oracle 8.1.6

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
The New Yahoo! Shopping - with improved product search

Don Sauve
Wagstaff, Inc.
OW XE, Update 1, SP20_E1, HP-UX 11.0, Oracle 8.1.6, Optio

Don, maybe you could put your document in the Downloads forum for all to see. We are in the same predicament and can not wait for JDE to complete their project on archiving. Some of our processes are really bogged down due to old history.

Another alternative to 'manually' archiving JDE is to look at the iTerra
(may not be the correct spelling) product.

I reviewed it a few months ago - and it looked pretty sound. It maintains
all the parent/child relationships between tables and has pre-built
functions for XE.

It was all green screen, and takes some knowledge of the back-end. AND, it
is NOT an immature product (it's well past the development cycle and on its
way to maturity)

Daniel

Looking for work out west
Daniel Bohner | JDE P/A III | Freelance-JDE/Web/Photo
www.ExistingLight.Net | www.ExtremeSights.com | [email protected]
JDE XE | SP20 | AS/400 | V5R1

PeopleSoft if not providing a purge/archive strategy directly. They are using business partners like ArcTools and iTera to get their data purged. They are providing data relationship documents to these partners so that the partners can build the logic into the software. You can notify [email protected] in order to get a copy of these table relationship diagrams - spreadsheets.

Tim et al.,

I've just posted a document to the Downloads section of JDEList, which provides information about our archiving/purging strategy. I hope this is of some assistance to you.

Thank you Don. Have a great weekend!!

Sr. Business Systems Analyst
OFS Fitel, LLC
OW B7333 Xe SP20 Upd 6, NT SP6a, SQL 7.0 SP3, Create!form

Jean,

I sent a couple of e-mails to Sue recently requesting this documentation and she has not replied. Do you have these table relationship documents? If so, can I get a copy of them?

Thanks,

Bryan

JDEList,

Has anyone heard of a company called Princeton Softech? They have an archiving product Archive for Servers JD Edwards Edition. Any comments or thoughts?
Thanks, Bryan

OW XE, Update 3, SP20_S1, Sun Solaris, Oracle 8.1.6

Spoke with the Business Development manager and they say the tool won't be available 'til the end of the first quarter of 2004.

Xe SP21, JAS, SQL 7, Windows 2000, Update 7

Jean,
I also have tried to get a hold of Sue Brown about the Data relationship documents. She has not responded.
Would you please send a copy to me?
We are interested in manually archiving our data.

Thank you for any and all help.
Tom Goehring

EMAIL: [email protected]

OneWorld XE SP22_E1, Sun, Oracle 9.2.0.3

Back