Copy Environment doesn't transfer Update 6

timallen

timallen

Well Known Member
Copy Environment doesn\'t transfer Update 6

I recently made a copy of our PD7333 path code using the JDE doc "Creating a Custom Path Code and Environment that can be upgraded or updated" (https://knowledge.jdedwards.com/jdecontent/CustomerKnowledge/Knowledge/oti-01-0056.htm). We had applied Update 6 to the PD7333 path code before.

I didn't use the process in the document exactly-- instead of using the Oracle dump provided with the CD, I exported the production tables owner by PRODDTA, PRODCTL and PD7333 and then imported them into the new owners associated with the new path code.

When I got done, we tested the new environment and all seemed to go well. But later we realized that the new Path Code did not have Update 6 applied (using P96471 Software Updates History Research). Strangely enough, once we found this out, the system started to have errors which seemed to be related to the missing Update 6.

The same application told us that the ESUs we had applied to PD7333 had been sucessfully installed in the new environment.

Can anyone explain why copying the path code did not also transfer Update 6 to the new path code? I had thought that an Update was more or less a very big ESU: is this not the case?

Thanks in advance.

RE: Copy Environment doesn\'t transfer Update 6

Tim :

Have you also copied PD7333 Central Objects and Versions to your new
pathcode?

Sebastian Sajaroff

Re: Copy Environment doesn\'t transfer Update 6

Tim,

that's an incomplete process you followed. If you are going to use database utilities to perform your Central Objects copy there are some additional steps:

1. In the xx7333.F983051 table you need to change the VRENHV field to the new PathCode value - UPDATE XX7333.F983051 SET VRENHV=XX7333. Where XX7333 is the destination PathCode.

2. The Object Librarian Detail (OBJ7333.F9861) requires more surgery. You need to copy all the entries where SIPATHCD = PD7333 and insert as new rows where SIPATHCD = XX7333. In this case you are NOT copying a table - this table is shared across all path codes.

There would be additional steps involved on the ES and DS in copying directories, etc that I trust you followed in order to build and install packages correctly for your new PathCode.

Regards,

OTM-01-0088

Thanks for your answer. I thought at first that this must be it, but I just looked at the tables you mentioned, and they're fine.

>1. In the xx7333.F983051 table you need to change the
>VRENHV field to the new PathCode value - UPDATE
>XX7333.F983051 SET VRENHV=XX7333. Where XX7333 is
>the destination PathCode.

Hmmm, I must have done this at some point. All the entrties in F983051 are for the new path code:
select VRENHV, count(*) from OP7333.F983051 group by VRENHV
VRENHV COUNT(*)
---------- ----------
OP7333 8247
>2. The Object Librarian Detail (OBJ7333.F9861) requires more
>surgery. You need to copy all the entries where SIPATHCD =
>PD7333 and insert as new rows where SIPATHCD = XX7333.

I ended up doing this after we had errors in the OMW.

Thanks for your answer.

Re: RE: Copy Environment doesn\'t transfer Update 6

Hi Sebastian,
Yes. I did three Oracle Exports for the owners PD7333, PRODDTA, and PRODCTL, and then imported those into the corresponding owners for the new path code.

Awesome.

It is refreshing to find a document which so directly addresses my problem (title: "How to make Oneworld think ESUs have been applied to a copied environment").

Thanks, you truly have an encyclopedic knowledge of JDE docs.

Thanks.

Some people are good looking, some have incredible athletic skills, some have great social skills. I get stuck with 'encyclopedic knowledge of JDE docs'. :)

Back