push instalation using client listner

jaisejames

Well Known Member
Has any one configured push installation using the client listner. any help on this would be apprecaited

Jaise,

I have push running at several of my clients. It is important that you
configure the listener service on the client machine with an administrative
profile.

When setting up the deployment records for the workstations make sure that
you check the "enable Push Install" box. If you need to, you can set the
date/time that the deployment is available.

Once that is configured, you can then run the push install UBE (R98825) to
perform the push. If you put this job in the scheduler, make sure that it
runs after the date/time that you entered in the step above.

Keep in mind, Push does not work for the enterprise servers.

Hope this helps,

Andy

Consultant with clients
at B7331 - Xe
Various Deployment Servers, Citrix and JAS

Be careful not to "push" packages to OneWorld Citrix servers. Its best to run silent install scripts to perform this.

I try to steer clear of push installs - usually the only people requiring the most up-to-date specifications outside of the citrix farm are the developers, and I feel putting the responsibility onto the developer to fetch the latest specifications is far more reliable than the push service.

I have done push installs with the client listener in the past and found that if the listener is installed with OW, it doesn't work. I used to disable installing the listener automatically with OW and then installed it manually on the workstations.

I would suggest that you use custom silent install scripts. We use these for 850 fat clients and our Citrix servers. Contact me if this interests you and I can provide you info on how to do this.

David,

I would like to have more information regarding your mentioned custom silent install scripts. I am currently installing 14 Citrix servers EVERYDAY and took 2-3 hours (including objects promotion and package build).

Thanks,
Alvin
Xe Upd6 SP20 AIX
Oracle 8.1.7.4.0
W2K NT Citrix

Hi Andy,

I have installed it push job in the scheduler and mad it check for every 1/2 hours ( according to JD edwards). Now i have pushed a Package and when i run the report to see the result for the job it is still showing Approved. When will it get installed.and how will i know it is installed without having to look fo rthe report

Back