Multiple Ethernet Cards

thowe

Does anyone have experience turning on a second ethernet card on your AS/400. We recently had a second card installed, and are now trying to determine how to set it up so JDE will see it. Any thoughts?

We are on Xe, SP20 G1, AS/400 Enterprise server (820), Citrix along with Developer fat PC's.

How would you like JD Edwards to see the second card ?

JDE does cannot operate services across two different ethernet addresses - it binds specifically to one address - but it might be possible for your client access to be addressable through the 2nd ethernet card.

That is my confusion, Hot line has told me that it does not care how many cards I have active. JDE looks at either an IP address or a server name. In my case, I have JDE looking at the server name. I am trying to find out if I can define the second ethernet card on the AS/400 with the same name.

On the AS/400 you can create multiple ethernet line descriptions with different names and IP addresses, then have your network administrator set the DNS to recognize all of the IP addresses going to the same server name. Nothing to do in OneWorld. However, Client Access is a funny bird. Client access grabs the IP address when you first define servers within the OPNav and will not look to DNS to resolve another IP address if the first is not available. It does not use DNS at the time of the request to resolve IP addresses. After setting up the new card you may want to reconfigure some of the clients Client Access to use the second IP address. So you never really know if you are using the second Ethernet card, except by reviewing the options under the netstat command.

You can off course say that client access never has to look up the IP and give in the IP on the Terminal server itself.

That way yo can let half the servers go to 1 card and the other half to the other one

Back