Installing Fat Clients

jeremey_garcia

VIP Member
Here's a perplexing issue that hopefully ya'll will be able to help me with:

We have 6 fat clients running, 4 of them are on win2000, and 2 are on Win98. This past weekend, we upgraded Client Access on the 98 machines to CA Express 4r5, and removed MS Access from all client workstations. This morning the users were not able to sign into OneWorld, it was asking for a DB password. I uninstalled the fat clients and reinstalled them. When the users tried to sign into OneWorld it was asking for a connection to the Enterprise Server, once the connection was established the clients worked fine. The W2k machines don't require this connection, the Terminal Servers, which are running CA Express 4r5 w/o MS Office do not require this initial connection, has anyone seen this? Does anyone have a possible solution? Our users do not have a Userid and password to the AS/400.
Thanks for your help.

Hi Pls check whether inthe cleint jde.ini you have security server defined.

Hi-

I have seen this issue with an upgrade. For us, it was necessary to do this in order:
1. Uninstall OneWorld
2. perform upgrade to CA
3. Re-Install Client OneWorld

I hope this helps-
David

Have you applied the latest Client Access patch or are you running
at base? You can verify the release level and patch through Client Access
Properties. Things work fine with SF67104 for us.

Tom Shoemaker
B7332 SP 11.3, ES - AS/400 (V4R5M0), DS - Netfinity, Fat Clients,
and Citrix

Jeremy, this may be a setting in the Operations Navigator (part of Client Access). Go into Operations Navigator, right click on your AS400 Enterprise Server, select properties. Under connection tab, select 'Use default userid' - enter a valid AS400 id (normally the proxy id you use with security server).

Give this a go if you haven't done so already. Good luck.

Rgds,

Sanjeev

Technical Consultant

Thanks for all the suggestions. Responses to them in regard to what we have tried:

1) The proxy ID for use with the security server has been input as default id - no pw
2) The latest CA Express patch has been applied
3) This is an upgrade, the way it went was OW was already loaded with CA 4r3, then we upgraded the client wkstn to CA Express 4r5 - applied patch. We had an issue so I uninstalled OW and then reinstalled it. So I guess, we can try to Uninstall OW, reupgrade CA then reinstall OW and see what happens.

While we await permission to do this, are there any other suggestions?
Thanks so much for the help!

It's FIXED!

The issue was the Service Pack was not installed on the clients. Thanks for all the suggestions. We will add another item to the upgrade checklist, and fat client install checklist. Verify Service Pack installation for CA.

Back