Obsolete JDE.INI

pianosynth

Reputable Poster
I have a small number of users in Japan who are getting an intermittant Obsolete JDE.INI error message. Our setup is a Citrix farm in the US and all users get the INI copied to their personal network drive. All Citrix users have a personal network drive located on the same LAN as the Citrix servers except for this handful of Japanese users. They are the only users I have who are accessing JDE via Citrix, but their personal drive is physically located in Japan. I have other users in Japan and Singapore who never have this problem but their personal drive is on a server in the US. Deleting the INI from their personal drive doesn't always resolve the problem. I'm thinking that the problem is with drive mapping not always being completed back to the server in Japan before JDE starts looking for the INI. I have encountered a situation in the past where JDE generates the Obsolete INI message when it can't find or write the INI. In other words, JDE can generate this message as a false diagnostic message. Is there any way I can configure this so that JDE will not launch until after the login script has completed or else an INI setting that tells JDE to wait before searching for the INI? I'm pretty sure that this is a WAN speed issue, but don't have any good answers for a solution.

Obsolete JDE.INI means that the OneWorld session is not correctly locating the JDE.INI - it sounds as if the INI is not copying to the local Japan server in time.

An easy way to fix this is to ensure that the JDE.INI is copied to the users local drive when the user attempts to run OneWorld. Replace the standard shortcut (published application) with a batch script, then copy the JDE.INI to the correct location and once completed, run oexplore.exe.

Of course, for your japanese users there will be a slight delay every time they run oneworld - but it will be a lot more reliable for them.

Back