Latest Debug Toggle Utility and a Log Viewer

jolly

VIP Member
Hi All,

This idea has been kicked around by myself and Alex Pastuhov before. jdeLogCentral is my latest effort at a toggle utility. It adds some (imho) very useful features: resides in/operates from the task tray, indicates logging state, waits for OneWorld when OW is not running and allows some editing of the jde.ini file.

Also, here is the first release of jdeLogViewer, the log view application. This thing displays a OneWorld client debug log in a tree form. This allows separation of threads into separate trees, and nested bsfn calls to be collapsed into outline showing the return value. It also allows on-the-fly execution of SQL select statements in the log (as long as you have an ODBC data source that contains the referenced tables). Naturally it has a bidirectional find as well.

Note that the viewer associates with the extension .owl. Therefore if you name your debug log to jdedebug.owl then accessing the View command from jdeLogCentral will invoke the viewer on the log file.

Note also: These applications require a registration code. The good news is that the registration dialog contains a link to a web page that instantly doles out an endless supply of 30 day registration codes.

All constructive comments welcomed!

Cheers,
JohnO

Attachments

• 46023-jdelog.zip
    123.6 KB · Views: 389
Heck, I just tested the download file and there were crc errors in the zip file.

I've reposted the file here.

Cheers,
JohnO

Hi,
I get the following window when I try to run the application for JDE Log central. Please see the attachment.

Thanks
Sriram.

Attachments

• 46113-Entry point not found.doc
    21 KB · Views: 171
Hi Sriram,

According to the Windows SDK, that function should be present in Win95 and later and Win2K and later. However it does not say anything about NT. Is that what you are running on? What exactly is your configuration?

Cheers,
JohnO

Hi John,

Yes I am running Wondows NT 4.00.1381.

Thanks
Sriram.
Oneworld XE Update 3 Coexistance World A7.3 Cum 12 , AS/400 V5R2, Websphere, Windows NT.

When you say "reposted" the file.... I do not see it. is there any way get it?

Here it is again, hopefully without corruption!

Cheers,
JohnO

Attachments

• 47617-jdelog.zip
    123.6 KB · Views: 233
Hi All,

The hosting company that hosts my website has apparently died, so it is now impossible to get the activation codes for my tools. I am in the process of getting the domain transferred to another hosting service. In the mean time if anyone needs an activation code, just email me at [email protected] and I will send you what you need. THe good news is: the jdeLogCentral codes are now valid for 12 months!

Sorry for the inconvenience,
JohnO

Back