Submitting reports to the Enterprise Server

hulkster

Guys/Girls
I am unable to submit any ubes from one of my terminal servers, with the error:
JDENET_ReceiveMsg failed. Error = 11
All other fat clients and terminal servers are fine.
The terminal server that can't submit ubes can see the Enterprise server everthing else works apart from submitting UBE's.
Re-installed Oneworld on server, still no joy.

Any help will be greatly apreciated.
Thanks

OneWorld XE update 4 SP18.1
Windows 2000 SQL Enterprise server
Windows 2000 Terminal server
Citrix Metaframe 1.8

hulkster,

Check for the network and queue services on the enterprise server, they be start with the network id. Was the porttest successfull?

Are your OneWorld services started? Do you see Jdesnet running?

Hi,

We are having the same issue. It is an issue with the specs being updated to the Logic server. When you submit a BV it makes pak files and ships them up to the Logic server to reference / install. The error code -11 is because it is timing out at the JDENET layer because for some reason it cannot install these files.

To prove this is the issue you can turn InstallSpecs=Y to be "N" in the cient jde.ini and you will see that the job submits right away, but if the user has made changes to the data selection it will error as it cannot update the server with the specs. This is not a fix but will prove that this is the problem you are having.

I have a call in with JDEdwards and are we are trynig to rush this through. In our case all the Citrix 1.8 server & Fat clients are fine but the Citrix XP servers do not work although it is intermittant.

It has nothing to do with your services / Net settings on the logic server otherwise your other clients would be having difficulties. I will update you if I hear anything - Please let me know if you get it resolved.

Stuart

Hulkster,

We finally found the problem - it was our network card. After speaking to a tech @ JDEdwards they said they found the same thing with another of their clients.

To prove this was the issue we changed from our Fibre NIC to a 10/100 network card and it now works fine. We changed the driver for our Fibre NIC and we are back in business.

Back