Planner ESU

echeng

After I installed the Planner ESU using the Electronic Software Update. Do I deploy the package to the Deployment server only or do I need to deploy to Enterprise Server and Fat clients.

Hi

After you apply the Planner ESU to ALL Environment you must build a package for each environment. I usually build a full package since there are many objects.

Hello.
echeng:
You don't need deploy the package to deployment server because Installmanager.exe makes specification merge for planner specifications after you run InstallManager.exe (Only for Planner ESU).
You really need install Planner ESU to ALL Environments (environments, not only path codes) and deploy to Enterprise servers and all fat clients.
I agree with Adrian Valentim: it's more simple build full packages - less building errors, but more building time.

Planner ESU is for the Planner Environment and it is only available in the Deployment server. Why do I need to deploy it to the Enterprise server and Fat client becuase Planner environment is not in the ES and Fat Client.

Echeng :

The only way to 'deploy' ESU Planner changes is to build a full
server/client package and
deployit to Enterprise and clients.

Sebastian

Hi,

If you look at the objects that are included with this ESU, you will find that the OCM, Data Source, etc are being modified. therefore, you have to update all environment in order to get the new versions of those programs.

You need to apply it to any environments you will ever apply ASU's or
Updates to. Planner ESU's contain new stuff that is used during spec
merges and such...so if you only apply ASU's and Updates to a single
environment, that's the only one that needs the planner ESU...but if you
are like many out there and apply ASU's and Updates to all environments,
you must apply the planner ESU to those environments as well.

On Thu, 28 Nov 2002 11:37:34 -0800 (PST) echeng <[email protected]>
writes:

Back