F0411 to F4311

badda_bing

Well Known Member
Can anyone advise how they manage to join F0411 and F4311 for reporting purposes?? I thought the obvious way is to use the following joins;

F0411.RPPKCO = F4311.PDKCOO
F0411.RPPO = F4311.PDDOCO
F0411.RPPDCT = F4311.PDDCTO
F0411.RPLNID = F4311.PDLNID
F0411.RPSFXO = F4311.PDSFXO

However RPPO on the F0411 is a string and PDDOCO on the F4311 is a numeric therefore we cannot join on them. This is on 7332. Firstly can anyone tell me if this is always been the case ie RPPO has always been a string because we have a reporting tool that has some data models of JDE included that uses the joins above. Secondly, is there anyway around this issue?

TIA

Paul

RPPO has always been a string. Why would you try to join those two files? The receipt file is F43121 which has the receipt information applicable to the voucher. In this file is the invoice number which can be joined to the F0411. what report writer are you using? In your condition statement can you use the digits function to make the pddoco alphanumeric.

Coming from World, I can tell you that this has been an issue. The way it was solved in World was with the DIGITS command. This brought both strings to the same format. I am still new to RW, but it seems to make sense that the DIGITS command (or something like it) would exist in OneWorld...

Robert Robinson, CPA/CITP, CNE
Senior Business Systems Analyst
Dürr Industries, Inc.
734.459.6800 ext. 311
fax # 734.459.5837
e-mail address: [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>

RRobinson
OW Xe, SP20 Update 6, HTML Client

Coming from World, I can tell you that this has been an issue. I know the information that you are trying to get from this join, and it is indeed valuable...The way it was solved in World was with the DIGITS command. This brought both strings to the same format. I am still new to RW, but it seems to make sense that the DIGITS command (or something like it) would exist in OneWorld...

It is not possible to do a Join, but you can do a look up, you will need to reformat the PO to DOCO as a numeric - not too dificult in OneWorld, then do a table IO. The other solution is to Join Via F43121 if you are using it, as refered to earlier. As Invoice number and Order Number are both there on the match record.

Back