Users with no address book entry

scbi

What are the security implications of creating a user without an address book entry?. I'm assuming that this will affect the ability to track what individual users have done and would affect the auditing, logging and monitoring strategy?.

Actually their user id is what is used to track it... however they will not
get Work Center messages, use them for CSMS or be able to use OMW (if you
are in OW) and this could cause a problem... thanks, Bobby

I do not think there are significant (or any) security risks associated with a user not having an address book record.

Your problem will be a loss in functionality. Off the top of my head users missing an address book record will be unable to use the Work Center and will not be able to participate in Approval Routing which relies on Address Book Numbers to define the approval hiearchy. I would also think that would affect some of the workflow processes. Even if you believe you are not using workflow, you are probably using it in some fashion as many of the core OneWorld application reference pre-defined workflow processes.

Regards,

I have also seen issues where PO approval routes do not work properly unless the user has an address book number associated with the User ID.

Back