JAS directory Structure

jaisejames

Well Known Member
Does any one know what is th directory structure for JAS in SP20 has it chanfged. I cannot find jas.jar any more. is it normal.

I install JAS based on SP20. I don't find jde.jar. May be it not need for JAS from SP20?

Hi I have been told that they donot ship this any more... is your Gen.bat workign. Did you followed the setup from Install SP or somethign else. Mine is not workign at all I donot know what is wrong with it. Gen.bat wont even start.

If I understand you rightly you can't run gen.bat. (Is that right?)
I install clearly SP20 (without any liters as SP20_?).
Theese example of my gen.bat . My generator isn't JAS server.
I install Websphere 3.5 on oracle.
I Install Websphere (custom setup: nothing except JDK) on generator. (I know later that can only copy directory with JDK to generator machine).
I do all steps as described in JDE documentation (september release) for new installation SP20 JAS.
A simpe path is generation via direct connection to database.
check that all files enumerated in GEN_CLASSPATH must exist on its paths (by example OWResource.jar ahs path "\." , but exits on the path WEB-INF\lib\OWResource.jar).
I use generation via JAS server - it needs less memory.
For Generation memory (RAM) needs:
direct connect 700 and more
via JAS server 500 and more
Bu process of generation is unstable. I do generation firstly Core objects, then All Objects --> Applications, then All Objects --> Reports etc.
====================================================

@echo off
:please change to your Java SDK1.2.2 (IBM or SUN only) location on your machine
:set JDK122=C:\jdk1.2.2
set JDK122=E:\WebSphere\AppServer\jdk

:please change for your 'local jas.ini' directory on your machine ( ONLY REQUIRED FOR >>Direct Generation<<)
:set JAS_INI=C:\B7\internet\dist\jas
:set JAS_INI=E:\b7\Generator\WEB-INF

:please choose the appropriate Database Drivers ( ONLY REQUIRED FOR >>Direct Generation<<)
:AS400 jt400.jar
:SQLServer7 weblogic.zip
:Oracle classes12.jar
:UDB db2java.zip
:SQLServer2000 msbase.jar;msutil.jar;mssqlserver.jar

:set DBDRIVERS=jt400.jar;weblogic.zip;classes12.zip;db2java.zip;msbase.jar;msutil.jar;mssqlserver.jar
set DBDRIVERS=E:\b7\Generator\WEB-INF\lib\classes12.zip

:please DO NOT modify GEN_CLASSPATH section!!!
:please set classpath to the required Files
set GEN_CLASSPATH=WEB-INF\classes;WEB-INF\lib\images.jar;WEB-INF\lib\xalan.jar;WEB-INF\lib\xerces.jar;WEB-INF\lib\OWResource.jar;%DBDRIVERS%

echo Starting Generator with :
%JDK122%\bin\java -version

%JDK122%\bin\java -ms128m -mx512m -Ddefault_path=%JAS_INI% -classpath %GEN_CLASSPATH% com.jdedwards.runtime.generator.Generator
goto check

:check
if errorlevel 1 goto error
goto end
:error
Echo Error!!!
pause
:end

Hi,

I noticed in JAS SP20 that there was a new folder structure. This Folder structure (\webclient\Servlets\com\.......) contains a lot of classes needed to run JAS Server (for example LoginServlet).
I think in earlier versions those classes were compressed in jas.jar but in SP20 they are in that folder structure.

May be this is the answer to your question.

I also had some problems with Gen.bat. I noticed that GEN_CLASSPATH was not correct in Gen.bat file. I modified the value of OWResource.jar path from OWResource.jar to WEB-INF\lib\OWResource.jar and it worked.

Hope this helps

Hi thanks for the reply I got to the point where gen.bat wil work but now i am stuck with Direct generation It will only do direct generation and not the normal generation It gives an erro could not connect to JAs server.

I find the document tation for SP20 does not really warns the user adequately about the change in the structurre for jas installation.

I have few question regarding the Jas directory sturture..

wehre should following file be....
Jas.ini... gen.bat, tnsname.sql etc....

Hello.
The files listed below exist in directories (I think you separate JAS server and GEnerator machine):
Generator:
E:\b7\Generator\WEB-INF\jas.ini
E:\b7\Generator\gen.bat
tnsnames.sql - where you want (but you need set MssqlTNS= variable in jas.ini - only if you make direct generation, for JAS server connect it not need)

JAS server:
gen.bat - not needed
\Program Files\JDEdwards\JAS\webclient\web\WEB-INF\jas.ini
tnsnames.sql - where you want (but must need set MssqlTNS= variable in jas.ini . Is your database based on SQL server? - then comment OracleTNS variable in jas.ini)

Generation direct to database is normally, but neede more resources. I've got any problem with connect to JAS server at first time: the path to OWResourse.jar in gen.bat was incorrect. I correct that path to WEB-INF\lib\OWResource.jar then I can connect to the JAS Server. Do you use port 80 or other? Do you specify on connect string in generator window?

If your web server is an AS400 and you have WebSphere 3.5, send me an e-mail and maybe I can help you, since I had a lot of problems in my installation and they are solved.
[email protected]

Back