Citrix XP Win NT 4

karryd

karryd

Hi list,

We currently are using Citrix XP with Win NT 4 and Acrobat 5. We are on B7332 SP 15.1, Intel with Win NT 4 servers (SP6) (I know this is not a JDE supported configuration.)

We are having numerous problems, some of which I have identified as printing related, and implimenting regular reboots of the server may help.

I am thinking I will have to roll back the server to MetaFrame 1.8 and Acrobat 4.

If there is anyone out there who has a similar config to this that is working fine, please let me know your secret. I just inherited this system and would like to know if a roll back is the only way to fix it.

Thanks!

KD

B7332 sP 15.1, Wint NT4, SQL 7, Citrix XP
[crazy]

Hi Karry,

we faced as well numerous problems with NT4 Terminal Servers running Citrix XPa. We upgraded our Servers to Win2K and installed Citrix Feature Release 2. That solved nearly all problems.
Our Citrix Servers are now running 2 months without any big problem. The only thing is an automatic reboot every night.. as Citrix recommends...

good luck

Oliver

I would agree with Oliver. Currently at a site running Windows 2000 and Metaframe with Feature Release 2. No issues so far.

Have worked on NT sites with similar problems to those you are experiencing. If you want to have a go at 'fixing' the problems before you decide to upgrade to Win2k, I suggest you start with printer drivers. This is the main area that 'upsets' the server as far as I know. Make sure all the drivers installed are 'supported' ones.

If you're feeling brave, there is a 'TSE Tuning for Performance and Stability' paper available from JDE. This contains useful information/registry settings (and a section on Printers!). Let me know if you need this, I can email to you.

Good luck.

Rgds.,

Sanjeev

Technical Consultant
(CNC Xe / AS400 / Citrix)

Back