why on some ws I got cannot load environment ?

tanu

Dear All,
I experiencing this lately :
On some workstation including the terminal server
I (and with several users ) got this message when I try to login to OneWorld :
Cannot Load Environment
but when I log in to windows using other name then try log in to OneWorld using the same name, I can log in without problem.
I have checked that when using my windows username then try to login to Oneworld no matter who username I use the error message is always appear.
I suppect the problem is must be something related with security, but I'm the administrator ( and use the username that has admin priviledge ).
Could anybody give me a clue what should I check to correct this problem ?
The other problem and still has something to do with security is :
Actually what kind of security should user has when log in to OneWorld, because when the user try to log in to OneWorld on terminal server and the user has no administrative priviledge this error message is appear :
Failed to update the system registry. Please try using REGEDIT.
Thanks in advance for the help.

Hi ,

See Document OTI-01-0082 - How To Set Security in The Registry For Windows 2000 Clients.

Actually regarding the 2nd part of the problem of "Can't update Registery" means that the user used to install JDE on the machine isn't the same as the signed in user now so, JDE try to save the latest signed in environment and user Name to the registery but, it failed due to haven't the authority to update the system registery of another user "the user used for the installation ".
but, my opnion regarding the fisrt part of the problem is that it shouldn't occured morever, either you are logging using the administrator or normal user
Have a nice day

Regarding the 2nd problem I have solved it using the doc
OTI-01-0082 (thanks for the info guys), but the 1st problem is still persist, I have tried to reinstall the jde client to that computer (terminal server), I can log in without any problem, I log out, try to log in again and it said cannot load environment PD7333.

Hi

I had the same problem when I upgraded a client from B733.2 to Xe.

Are you using roaming profiles with NT. If so, delete all JDE.INI in everyones home directory. If the home directory contained an old JDE.ini, it will not be replaced with the new one.

If you are not using roaming profile, logon with ICA connection and not a published application. Open Windows explorer and check your home directory or your profile directory for a JDE.INI and delete it (it is located in the user profiles\windows directory. Then logon to Oneworld.

Try the following:

1. Sign on to the Terminal Server as Administrator

2. Run the regedt32 program: click the NT Start button, click run,
and in the Open field, type 'regedt32' and click OK.

3. Open the appropriate Registry Key.

4. On the Menu bar, click Security, Permissions

5. Click 'Add'.

6. Select the 'Everyone' group.

7. Click the 'Full Control' check box.

8. Ensure that the 'Allow Inheritable Permissions' box is checked

9. Click OK. Permission to access the registry is granted to all
users

Repeat the above instructions for the following Registry Keys (if they
exist):

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JDEdwards]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs]