OneWorld screen Shrink / icon corruption

terrahwk

Hi-
We are a fairly new implementation of OneWorld XE, and we're experiencing a few problems. The first is that, after time, application windows will not redraw correctly for some users. The window will look as if it is trying to squeeze itself into an 800x600 screen even though the user is 1024x768. I've got screenshots here if anyone's interested.
Generally before this occurs, the icons in the exit bar and the menu will start to corrupt. (ie: 'About' is displayed using the 'Close' icon. Some icons will simply disappear and only the text will be displayed.)

We have tested different servers (two HP Netserver LP2000r's and one Compaq DL360). Re-installed the citrix servers several times, and have now upgraded to XE SP20_G1 (from SP18.1).

I have an open call with JDE at the moment, but I'd really like to check to see if anyone has any suggestions. I'm stumped!

I've not been able to reproduce the same problem with fat clients. An observation was made that the Compaq and the HP's we use all have the same graphics chipset - but it would surprise me if this was the problem, as many servers use ati rage xl.

Any ideas/comments? Thanks

--
Enterprise & DB Server:
HP9000 HP-UX 11i, Oracle 8.1.7.3
OneWorld XE, SP20_G1

Citrix boxes: Win2000 SP2, MetaFrame XPe no SP/FR.

This generally only happens for us on thin clients. The clients have been hitting the system hard non-stop, and are about to recieve a cache error. So, once they get this we ask them to sign off and then back on. Usually fixes it.

How much memory do the Terminal Servers have? How many active users per server?

I'm getting this on Citrix as well. Only with users that are moving through a
lot of the same screens over and over. For example, we had a temp manually
keying items in item master and after about 30 minutes the behavior would
start to occur (i.e. Shrinking screens, disappearing buttons on button bar and
row exits).

The PC the temp was using had a non-standard "Appearance" (i.e. the color of
the menu bars, backgrounds, etc) and I think the screen resolution was set
pretty high.

As I recall, I think he had better luck after we set his pc to the "Windows
Standard" appearance ( Display Properties >> Appearance tab) and set the
screen size and res to 800X600 @ 256 colors.

Might give that a try.

There is a known issue with grapics with JDE on Citrix XP FR1. We are going live this weekend from Citrix 1.8 to Citrix XP FR2. I wil post an update on Monday with any issues we encounter, but others have posted that they have no issues with XP FR2.

Yes, your description describes this problem perfectly.
I will try a lower resolution and see how that helps, but I would prefer to fix the problem.

Thanks

Hi-
Our term servers have 4GB RAM, and we are still in the implementation stage so our user count is low. When the problem last occured, there were six users on the term server.
I have been worried about the amount of RAM that OneWorld uses- users regularly exceed 100MB, although the average is probably about 70MB. I have suspisions that oneworld doesn't always release memory when it has finished with it- although I guess it could just cache alot?

Thanks everyone for their replies.

We have had one minor problem after the go-live to Citrix XPe FR2, but it wasn't video related. One user didn't get a new JDE.INI on sign in and the problem was that we went from an installation on drive D to an instllation on drive C. Otherwise, XPE FR2 seems to be error free. Maybe you should consider applying FR2 instead of no Feature Release.

I believe, FR2 support is scheduled for SP21 - it is NOT currenly supported by JDE...

Back