"password" and my system password on One World is JDE and my AS400 password
for JDE is JDE. Is this okay?

Libbi Fletcher
HoMedics, Inc.
M.I.S. Department
248-863-3001 ext. 1281
[email protected]

Based on your example, it is not okay.

You have an AS/400 and a deployment server, you really need 3 – 2 user ID to access OneWorld depending on your settings.

Usually, 1 for OneWorld system, 1 for deployment server and another 1 for AS/400 enterprise server.

BUT, you can combine the deployment user ID with the AS/400 user ID. For example JDE is the user ID used by both deployment server and the AS/400 server. Since JDE is used by both servers, it became the system user ID. Since the JDE is the system user ID, the password must be the same on both DS and on the AS/400 because when you add an OneWorld user ID, it only has one input for system password. It does not have 2 input system password fields (same for the system user ID). But you should have a unique password for OneWorld user ID different than the system password for security purpose.

Note: When you add a new user, you just need to add one OneWorld user profile and then use JDE as a System User ID to communicate between AS/400 and the deployment server. By sharing the same system user ID and password, you do not have to add 2 more user ID for the servers(1 per each). This saves your times when adding new users if they all share the same system user ID, JDE. But when it is time to troubleshoot the job logs on the servers, you will see all OneWorld users under JDE.

Back