AAI 4332 and Landed Cost

mcb

Dear List,
I don't know why when OW use landed cost and it's the fisrt time that you receipt an item instead of the system use the 4385 AAI, the system use the 4332 AAI. The next receipts the system use the 4385 AAI, but always the fisrt time when the available of an item, is zero , goes to 4332 AAI.
Why this AAI?, is it a bug?, Could we change this AAI and use always the 4385 AAI?.
Any idea or explanation?
Thanks i advance.

This sounds cery similar to a problem we ran into after upgrading to Xe. I wasn't really close to the solution but here's what I can remember:

Order receipt would trigger variance AAIs (I can't remember if it was 4332 or not) and generate really screwed up 3 line journal entries that charged a huge portion of the inventory cost to variance accounts. This made no sense since no variances are possible to recognize until voucher match. We were quite certain it was a bug but we didn't bother pursueing it with Denver because it was difficult to duplicate.

I think the final solution that we used was to write AAIs detail lines that would direct the screwy third line of the journal entries to the right place. We could only get away with this solution because, in our environment, the AAI involved was never used by the system except when the bug kicked in.

Hope this helps.

Back