Queues stopping/hanging

• Thread starter SimonLockington
  • Start date

SimonLockington

Hi everyone,
From time to time we have the queues on our batch server stop processing and all jobs then go to a 'waiting' status. To rectify this we have to stop and start the JDE services on the server.
This can go a month or so without happening, then days like today, it'll happen like every 30 mins to an hour or so.
The logs don't seem to mention anything of use, we've had a couple of JDE guys in here to have a look but to no avail.

Anyone had anything like this happen to them before?

Thanks,
Si

I have had this happen when my enterprise spec files get corrupt, or after a
bad deploy.

Hey Simon,

My queues hang occasionally too. Stopping and starting the services generally clears up the problem. On those rare days that it happens more than once, I will go the extra mile and reboot the batch server. One positive thing, when we upgraded to service pack 19.1, stopping the queue service got a whole lot quicker. Now the queue service stops almost immediately, there is no "killque" services to wait for. The downside is that there is almost always one net service that won't go away that I have to kill manually. Win one, lose one!

Six months ago we enabled multi-threaded queues. We have certain queues single threaded, glpost for example. We made others, including the default queue, multi-threaded. This has cut down our user complaint calls considerably.

Gregg Larkin
Global CNC, Praxair
XE, SP19.1, Update 6, Win 2K, SQL 2K, Citrix XP

One of my clients has the same situation, one time we could debug a process,
and the ddtext was corrupt, the same process, in one case had to send an
error message (use ddtext), and the queues hanged, in other case (with out
error message), processed normal.
We haven't a solution, when its happen, we deploy the last full server
package and stop and start the JDE services.

Environment:
OW B7332
Sun Solaris
Oracle

Mariano Greis
qBit s.a.
[email protected]

----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2002 3:33 AM
Subject: RE: Queues stopping/hanging

a