Unix and Service Packs

Soul Glo

Soul Glo

VIP Member
Hi list,

Quick question....Is there a document on how to backoff a service on UNIX on a Sun ES and also if there is a way to do multiple foundations or is this only an AS/400 thing.

Any documentation will be grately appreciated.

Cleola,

I am attaching a multiple foundations for Unix document, dated May 2001, which I downloaded from the Knowledge Garden in Feb., 2002. There are sections in there dealing with HP9000, Solaris and RS/6000, so I believe you should be in luck. For us on our HP9000, to apply a service pack on the ES, usually it involves just replacing the system directory structure. If you follow the usual instructions, they have you rename the system directory to something like systembak, which you can just rename/move back if you need to revert to the old service pack. Just be aware that you want to keep your server and client service packs in sync. So if you revert on the ES, make sure clients connecting to that foundation are also on the same SP level.

I believe you can find this document on the KG by going to Support, Update Center, General Service Pack Information, and then click on the link for Multiple OneWorld Foundations.

I forgot the attachment. Here it is.

Attachments

• 44573-multiplefoundations-unix.pdf
    462.9 KB · Views: 85
Back