Problems with server build after mirroring environment

• Thread starter patrickjolliffe
  • Start date

patrickjolliffe

I have followed the steps in documents such as otm-02-0018 and OTI-01-0026 to make a copy of our production pathcode PD7333 over an existing pathcode called MO7333.
I am unable to build a full server package after this. It seems to be missing some header files.
The same number of files exist in the include directory in each pathcode directory on the deployment server (The total is 8546). The same number of files are also copied to the include directory under the package directory.
However on the enterprise server 8079 exist in the include directory for the PD7333 package, however for the MO7333 package only 7996 exist.
I think this is the reason the build is failing but I got the impression from the package build documentation that these files are copied from the deployment server, so I cannot understand why I get a different result between the two environments.
If anyone has any ideas for things I could check to move forward on this I would be grateful.

Patrick :

Try the following query :

SELECT SIPATHCD,COUNT(*) FROM OBJ7333.F9861 GROUP BY SIPATHCD

You should have the same count for MO7333 and PD7333.

Sebastian Sajaroff

What did you use to do the Path Code copy? R9800942? Did you run WinDiff (Utility that comes with C++) against the old and new Path Codes? You can find this tool in the Visual Studio directory on the Deployment Server if your Enterprise Server is not MS.

If you used R9800942 to copy the Path Code and files were missed, the PDF should indicate that.

Also, did you run R989861 to update the Object Librarian?

On another note, did you carry out the steps in OTM-01-0088 to update the ESU records in the new environment? Not necessary but will help if you apply ESU's to the new environment.

Re: RE: Problems with server build after mirroring environment

Wow, thanks for prompt response.
SELECT SIPATHCD,COUNT(*) FROM OBJ7333.F9861 WHERE SIPATHCD IN ('PD7333', 'MO7333') GROUP BY SIPATHCD
gives:
MO7333 - 28929
PD7333 - 28885

Yes as per doc otm-02-0018 I used R98403 copy central objects and then R9800942 followed by R989861.
(Previously I tried export/import, updated environment field on table (dont recall which) followed by directory copy - result was exactly the same.
Will look into windiff but I suspect may be of limited use - Enterprise Server is AIX. Presumably this compares directories - when you say pathcodes do you mean directories on deployment or enterprise server (sorry still getting up to speed on terminology).
Thanks for the heads up regarding OTM-01-0088 but for now just concentrating on getting build working.
Thx for ideas so far

Are you sure that R989861 ran properly? Did you run it in the DEP7333 environment? I don't think it works properly if run in the Planner environment.

R98403 in DEP7333
R9800942 in JDEPLAN
R989861 in DEP7333

The output from R989861 is copied below, and attached. I think I ran it in DEP7333 environment as per instructions; is there any way to be sure? seems the difference in numbers is due to checked out objects - not sure if this is relavent but will make sure all objects are checked in before retrying.

12:11:46 J.D. Edwards & Company R989861 04/11/2002
XJDE0001 Update F9861 1 Page -PD7333
Source Pathcode Machine Name JDEDEPHK Source Pathcode
JDEDEPHK Target Pathcode MO7333 Target Pathcode Machine Name
The report copies the Object Librarian Detail (F9861) records corresponding to the Source Path Code and Machine Name.
Object Librarian - B7333 Object librarian detail (F9861) mapping
28,865 Source Pathcode Count =
28,925 Target Pathcode Count =
The process completed successfully with no errors

Attachments

• 44601-R989861_XJDE0001_D1021104_T121141937.pdf
    6 KB · Views: 101
Oh! I had assumed that you had made sure all objects and versions were checked in prior to the environment copy. It might be a good idea to do that.

Here's a good script:

--Save this script to a file named Checked Out Objects and Versions_Oracle.sql

--Run from SQLPlus using the @ command to call this file

--Example: @"C:\Checked Out Objects and Versions_Oracle.sql"

--Results output file can be found in c:\results.lst

--To change environments for versions change "from PY7333.F983051" to "from DV7333.F983051"
--in the Versions Checked Out Section and change POPATHCD='PY7333' to POPATHCD='DV7333' in the
--Versions Never Checked In Section

--Begin Code

--Initialization Section

SET PAGESIZE 1800
set feedback off
set termout off
spool c:\results.lst

--Objects Checked Out Section

ttitle on
ttitle left 'Objects checked out:'
column siobnm format A11 heading 'Object Name'
select siuser as "User ID", SIOBNM, sipathcd as "Path Code", simkey as "Machine" from OBJ7333.F9861 where SISTCE != '1' order by siuser, siobnm;

--Versions Checked Out Section

ttitle on
ttitle left 'Versions checked out:'
column VRENHV format A11 heading 'Environment'
select VRUSER as "User", VRPID as "Object", VRENHV, VRVERS as "Version", VRMKEY as "Machine"
from PY7333.F983051 where VRCHKOUTSTS='Y' order by vruser, vrpid, vrvers;

--Objects Never Checked In Section

ttitle on
ttitle left 'Objects created and never checked in:'
column POOPATHCD format A11 heading 'Path Code'
column POOMWUSER format A11 heading 'User'
column POOMWOBJID format A20 heading 'Object Name' truncate
column POOMWMKEY format A20 heading 'Machine'
Select POOMWUSER, POOMWOBJID, POOMWMKEY, POPATHCD from SYS7333.F98222
where POOMWOT !='UBEVER' and POOMWOST=01 and POOMWCHS='1' order by POOMWUSER, POOMWOBJID, POPATHCD;

--Versions Never Checked In Section

ttitle on
ttitle left 'Versions created and never checked in:'
column POOMWPRJID format A11 heading 'Project'
column POOPATHCD format A11 heading 'Path Code'
column POOMWUSER format A11 heading 'User'
column POOMWOBJID format A20 heading 'Object Name' truncate
column POOMWMKEY format A20 heading 'Machine' truncate
Select POOMWUSER, POOMWOBJID, POPATHCD, POOMWMKEY from SYS7333.F98222
where POOMWOST=01 and POOMWCHS='1' and POOMWOT='UBEVER' and POPATHCD='PY7333' order by POOMWUSER, POOMWOBJID, POPATHCD;

--Deinitialization Section

spool off

OTI-01-0026 document has an error on the instructions. When you run the R98403 under the processing options tab Environment step # 3 you have to type 2 for production data. It is a missprint in the doucument to type 1 for production data. we had the same problem but after this change every thing is ok.

B7332 windows NT 4.0 upgrading to ERP 8.0

Patrick,
Not all files are copied from deployment server to Enterprise Server. There are many client side only function, that don't get copied.

Could you please post what error messages do you get in your build logs.

If the build does not start at all, did you add the new environment/pathcode to the Enterprise Server in the Machine Identification application?

Miguel

Re: Problems with server build after mirroring environment - SUCCESS

Finally got it working. We released all objects checked out from both environments, also applied latest planner to both.
Then checked F9861 and contained same records for both environments.
Resubmitted build and no problems - surprised I didn't have to re-perform any of the other steps for mirroring environment.
Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Back