Local location missing

bee

hi,list,
we have some errors with our LOCAL location?

when i run a report ,for example,i run R014021(reports by address),i do these steps:
highlight a version, click 'select',
from the form exitbar, click advanced,select 'override location',click ok.
click submit
the next window is 'select data source' window,and here is the error.
from this window we should see three(or more)datasources:
enterprise server,
enterprise server - Logic
LOCAL
but very sadly i can only see the above two,the LOCAL is missing.
btw,from the datasource QBE,click the flashlight,there is many datasources,and LOCAL exist.

if we don't click 'advanced' from the exitbar,the report WILL run on our
local machine.(because our DEFAULT report is set to LOCAL in OCM)but when click 'advanced', we have to run it on the enterprise server, which really make me very faint.
i think there should be a way to set it up, i have trace it ,but can't see nothing.
any help will be kind.

bee

This usually happens on a Terminal Server: are you running O/W on a TSE?

Regards,
Alexander Pastuhov

Re: RE: Local location missing

hi,alex,

yes,i have checked it ,it happens on the w2k machines,though they are not terminal servers at all.
on NT machines,it is OK.

thank u for your hint,now i remember , the TSE prefer not run local UBE,so he close the LOCAL ,right ?

but this feature is very annoying,because i use w2k, and i have to do some local UBE on my machine. can i have any way to close this feature ?(w2k user seems to have suffer sth:)

thank u in advance

bee

You can always uninstall Terminal Services (Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs - Windows Components)...

An easier way to run local on a Terminal Server would be to copy the local data source and give it a name other than local. i named mine WTSLOCAL. When the bsfn looks for the the data functions, it checks to see it the machine is a terminal server, and if it is it gives all datasources not equal to LOCAL.

Try to add a logical SVR data source in System - B7333 data source.
Run Logical data sources from GH9011. Select System - B7333 data source. Then select Add. DS name LOCAL, DS type A, DLL JDBODBC.DLL, remaining 3 fields are LOCAL.

hi,husni,we don't loose the LOCAL.it is because Oneworld think my machine is a TS :)
msjxx,i have try as what u explain,and it really works.but there is a little problem: when i logout oneworld, i cant login anymore(it say can't connect to security server). i have to restart the service and can login again.but i can't understand why ? do you know?

and,thank you for your help.

bee

Back