Barcode

Lafonsky

I have followed the documentation as off the Knowledge garden and have put/made sure that the C39M3.TTF is in the B7333/system/resource/truetype directory on our UNIX machine.

The problem however is that when running a UBE on the server the font is not displayed in the PDF (only the numbers). When running the same report locally (the fonts have been installed on the windows client) the the PDF displays the font correctly in the PDF.

There are already postings about loading the font on the printer etc. but surely the font should be displayed in the PDF when running it on the server? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Larry Meyer

HI,

We had a similar problem when we first started with barcode printing in OW.

One thing that made a difference was have the printer in OW defined as Postscript Printer (printer definition language)

hope that helps for you!

HI,

We had a similar problem when we first started with barcode printing in OW.

One thing that made a difference was have the printer in OW defined as Postscript Printer (printer definition language)

hope that helps for you!

You can add in jde.ini of your Enterprise.
UBEFontEmbedding=0 in UBE section.

OW XE SP16, AS400 V5R1, Citrix XP.

Make sure that you transferred the font to the server in binary mode (check if it is EXACTY the same number of bytes. It is possible that your didn't ftp in binary mode (or something) and the file got corrupted. When OW can't find a font, it substitues Arial.

Dear Larry,
Would you sharring your experince of setting the barcode printer for me.
Currently I got a problem as your before.
Local PDF have the barcode in the data file.
But I try direct to print. There is only the data information on paper not a barcode

Following is my setup in OW(Bar code Support):
Printer Name : \\mis2\hplaserjet1160
Printer definition language : *JDE PS
Ture Type Font Name : BCC393to1Medium
Printer Font Name : BC C39 3 to 1 Medium

I so appreciate from your help.
TKS+

Vincent

Back