How to address Printertrays in Xe using Sun Solaris?

mgoud

Dear OneWorld Xe users,

We have problems with addressing the right printer tray when printing OneWorld Xe reports on HP network printers LJ4000TN, LJ4050TN and LJ4100TN.

In OneWorld we have defined separate PostScript printers for printing on logo paper and printing on blank paper:
The logo printer should print from tray 2 (of 3).
The normal printer should print from tray 3 (of 3).
But when printing, the reports are always printed from tray 3, whatever tray is selected (we tried all possible settings for ‘Max. nr of Paper Sources’ and Default Paper Source).

On the Enterprise server, which is a SUN Solaris system, the normal printer is defined by using the JetDirect Printer Installer for Unix, version E.10.34. The logo printer is added to the spooler of the normal printer onto the same IP number. Most important settings:
- Model script: net_ljx000
- Default printing language: PS
- PostScript level: 2
- Banner page: Off

It appeared that when the Banner page is set ‘On’ and the BannerTray is set to ‘2’ that when using the Logo printer (which should print the report from tray 2) that the Banner page is indeed printed from tray 2 but the report is still printed from tray3.

On the Enterprise server the normal printer is also added in the host file by IP number. The logo printer cannot be added because it has the same IP number.

I like to know if the problem could be solved by changing the Model script or by changing the printer configuration file (in which also the Banner page settings are defined) and which settings exactly should be changed. In my opinion the Model script checks what kind of printer is used and sets all kind of printer settings like the number of trays, paper destinations, banner settings etc. I think that maybe the default installation settings are incorrect: maybe the printer is defined as a printer having only two trays instead of three (as the way it is when installing the printers on Win2000 systems). We should be able to change the number of trays, the default paper types per tray and the default tray at the printer configuration settings on the Sun Solaris system.

Please can anyone help us?

Thank you in advance!

Maarten Goud
Synthon BV
The Netherlands
[email protected]
[smile]

Back