RUNUBE on NT App Server

SaraLeeCNC

[frown] I am trying to use RUNUBE on a W2K App Server as a scheduled task.

Removing the scheduler from the equation, I decided to just try running the RUNUBE at a command prompt. Security is set correctly (using the same user as the the JDE services are) and I have the syntax correct. What I do get is "process <runube> could not be registered."

Does anyone know how to "register" the RUNUBE.EXE? I have registered .DLL's and .OCX's before, but am unsure how to proceed on this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave Wilson

OW Xe SP19 Upgrade 3
AS/400 V5R1
NT / Citrix

We have a seperate system for our EDI messages that also runs the Oneworld UBE's there locally

We use the task schedular from W2k (in this case) with a batch or command file that states
ubeprint BCH R47002C EN0001 1(0)

maybe this gives you a clue

SaraLeeCNC,

The runube command is self registering so it does not matter if it is registered or not. The snytax of the command had to be perfect and the user that starts the JDE net and queue services has to have rights to the domain. The user id and password specified in the command line have to be a valid JDE user id. Do not run this command from any other place than the console, terminal server will not work.

Gregg Larkin
Praxair CNC
OW XE SP19 Update 6 Win2k SQL2k CitrixXP

Gregg,

can you use runube on a NT/W2K machine? Does it run locally than?
All I found was the ubeprint.exe.

FWIW

I have attempted the same thing on multiple Win2k servers and have not had
any success either.

Thanks,
James

IBM Business Consulting Services
OneWorld CNC Consultant

Hi,
We are running Win2K as a logic server also - the RUNUBE command works just fine. The syntax is as follows (that we use).

I have put the explanation to each command after the command in brackets. Remember this has to be run from the x:\jdedwardsoneworld\ddp\b7333\system\bin32 directory.

RUNUBE(Command) REPORTS(OneWorld User) REPORTS (OneWorld Password) PD7333 (Environment) R42800 (Object) WHQB01C(Version) QBATCH(Queue Type) Interactive(Local) Hold(?) Save(Saves the .PDF) WCPRN1(Printer name defined in OneWorld).

There are many other options you can run that work too - more information on the KG.

You should be aware though that there are issues with running things locally on the Logic (Enterprise) server - if you change the data selection of a version and even if you check it in... When you then run a UBE locally on the server it runs with the old data selection as this is stored in the SPEC directory under the path code. If you want to update this then you need to either:
a) Run the newly changed job on the logic server or
b) Submit Version specs only (Select this option from the advanced tab after selecting the version in BV).

If you need further information let me know - [email protected] - we do alot of this.

In order to execute RUNUBE from the Enterprise Server it is necessary that you be logged on to
the server using the same NT username that is running the OneWorld services

OneWorld processes use IPC (memory) resources that cannot be modified by users other
than the owner of the process

Thanks all for your responses. One thing that became obvious is that even porttest was giving us the same results, so we decided to troubleshoot that first. Strange thing is that the JDE scheduler was running a few jobs for us at the timen that the app server ran just fine.

We ended up deploying a new full package to this server and it has cleaned up the problem. We now can run runube from the command prompt at an app server, thus, we have abandoned JDE scheduler for the W2K scheduler. We are using ROBOT on the 400 for the rest of our scheduling.

Oh, by the way, once we did this, I was actually able to get the syntax of runube by just typing it at the command prompt. Before, it gave me the register error. Twas a very strange problem.

Back