Changing JDE password

SimonLockington

Hi there everyone,
I'm wanting to change the JDE password used to access the DB to prevent people using it for their ad hoc queries.

Can anyone tell me where this has to be changed in JDE? ie what ini files etc?

Thanks very much,
Simon Lockington
OW XE SP17.1 / Win2K AS / SQL 2K / Citrix XP

Places to Change JDE System User Password (NT)

1. The NT login password on the system domain for the user JDE.

2. The password for JDE on the services (jde network and queue services) on the enterprise server.

3. The password for the SQL Server user JDE.

4. The OneWorld password for user id JDE (F98OWSEC).

5. The security user password for OneWorld users (If you are using JDE as the security user), in work with sign on security.

6. The settings for JDE user password throughout the JDE.INI file on the server.

[NETWORK QUEUE SETTINGS]
QEnv=PRD733
QUser=JDE
QPassword=XXXX

[DB SYSTEM SETTINGS]
Default User=JDE
Default Pwd=XXXX

[BSFN Builder]
User=JDE
Pwd=XXXX

[SECURITY]
SecurityServer=SERVERNAME
User=JDE
Password=XXXX
DefaultEnvironment=PRD733

If you want to change only the DB password;
1.Change the password in the SQL Server.
2.If you are using JDE user to start the Security Kernel then change the password in the Security Server section of the Enterprise Server JDE.INI file.
3.If you are using JDE user as the System User for other users (Proxy), then change the system password from the user security program. You can do this at the group profile level rather than individual user level.
OneWorld log on password, NT domain passwords and DB password can be independent.

Please check the attachment Multiple OneWorld® documents in Downloads posted by Colin Dawes. It has an appropriate document titled JDE® Password Change which I think is cool. It really covers everything. Must see and Keep !!

Yogi

Back