Push Installation on XE

istaylor

My client listener seems to be running on the fat client, but I never receive the update package. When I log in, the package shows up as a mandatory package. Has anyone successfully implemented push installs?

Are you running the R98825 Push Install UBE? Also, I have found, on ERP8
anyway, that if you have 2 Install records for the same workstation, the
push will not work. Another thing to check, is the user profile for the
listener service an Administrator to the workstation.

Hope these items help.

Andy

Consultant with clients
at B7331 - Xe
Various Deployment Servers, Citrix and JAS

After several days of testing we were able to get the push installation to work.

We found document OTM-01-0082 to be a good resource. Keep in mind that the push install is not immediate and takes some time for the package to be pushed to the client.

Another alternative to using this is to use SMS for deploying packages. I believe JDE has a document related to using this method.

Of course after all the testing and getting it to work the company I worked for had a big layoff and this idea wasn't needed any more.

Bill

Do you mean 2 install records for the same machine, for the same package or 2 install records for the same machine for any package?

I didn't know about that UBE. Thanks!

Ian,

If you have two records for the SAME package, 1 for standard pull install and 1 with the Push option, the push will not work. If this is the case, delete the non-push record and then run the R98825 job to start the push.

Hope this helps.

Andy

Back