SP20 JAS installation

AntonUsanov

Hello, List!
I install JAS first time:
1. I install on windows NT4 Server + SP6 + IIS4
2. Install Websphere 3.5 + fixpack 4.0
Webspere is based on oracle 8.0.6 installed on another server. I download jdbc drivers from oracle web site (classes12.zip and nls_lang).
3. I test websphere running - Ok.
4. I install JAS. I run setup.exe, make all steps (change port to 81).
I try install JAS more than one time and I do adding JavaServer to OneWorld via custom installation plan previously only one time.
After I complete setup.exe steps I open Webspere Administrative Console and see only Default server. Should I create OneWorld Vhosts,Appserver and etc.in Websphere by hands or JAS setup.exe should create theese items itself?

I read documentation: SP18 - user should create Vhosts and etc. by hands; SP20 - nothing about this.

There is a known problem with installing JAS SP20 on NT4 - the Websphere
configuration that should be created automatically by the JAS install does
NOT get created.

Andy Smith
Whitehouse Consultants
Win2K SQLServer7 Xe

In SP20 setup.exe creates all the websphere tree by itself based on the settings you do during the setup process. Also default Virtual host is used instead of Virtual_host_1 as in previous installs.

As long as everything is ok after the generation you should better not change values in Websphere.

After I complete setup.exe two files appear in \websphere\Appserver direcory:
wsimportstderr.txt contains:
The system cannot find the path specified.

and wsimportstdout.txt contains:
D:\>echo off
"Setting Up Environment"
"Creating Virtual Host on 81 to create App Server and Servlet Engine"
ECHO is off.
"Deployment Finished"

But I don't see virtual_host_1 in Administrative Console before and after restart IBM Websphere service.
I don't do generation objects yet.

Re: RE: SP20 JAS installation

Does JAS install program configure Websphere on Windows 2000 Server ? Or JAS instal doesn't configure it on 2000 server as doesnt't configure on NT4 Server?

RE: RE: SP20 JAS installation

In my experience it configures it correctly on Win2000

Andy Smith
Whitehouse Consultants
Win2K SQLServer7 Xe

Re: RE: RE: SP20 JAS installation

Andy,

what DataBase you use for Websphere repository?

We tried to install and configure Websphere 4.01 with SP20 on Windows 2000. Our first attempt was not successful. SP20 did not did not run the configuration stuff. In speaking to JDE support, they advised us to install the latest IBM Fixpack and try it again. I'll post our results.....

Gregg Larkin
Praxair Global CNC
XE, Sp 19 prod, SP 20 sandbox, Update 6, Win2k, Sql2K, DB2 web database, Citrix XP

I am still having problems with my Web Server after aplying SP20 but I think I have answers for your problem.
First, if you only have the default server, run again the step "Installing and Configuring the J.D.Edwards HTML Web Server". Take a look at the step after the Virtual Host Name where it says "Node Name". In my first attemptive i received my web server name, and thought that it was right, but the node name is the complete internet address. In my case H006.placas.ind.br, instead of H006.
Second, after the instalation, I had problems that were solved by this document - GSSTF-02-0463, that is in K.G.
My actual problem is that I cannot acess my logon page, I receive a message that says: You are not authorized to see this page.
I am trying to install that since august, but Denver is not helping me too much.
If anyone can help or need help here is my e-mail:
[email protected]

Quick update to my previous post, fifeteen reinstalls, no positive results. Getting the Texas Two-Step from JDE support.

I try to install JAS SP20J with IBM WebSphere Advanced Single Server Edition.problems:
1. I can not see on the WebSphere Console thw EA_JDEdwards_1 server only the Default - is it OK?
2. The Classpath field is empty - why? - see attachment
3. When I start the gen.bat - I get an error massage - attached
4. what about the port number - default server ÷ 80 ?

Attachments

• 45490-attach.zip
    123.3 KB · Views: 110
Have somebody successfull install WebSphere Single Server edition with XE SP20J et all?

Hi,
I am sympathizing with you!
Fighting with the same problem!
Different only: Win2000; SQL2000; XE SP20J_G1; Websphere 4.0.1 Single Server Edition + Fix4
I can see only the defaults on the console like you!
And there is nothing in the CLASSPATH field! ???
The gen.bat also fails:
The set JAS_INI=...webclient.war\... results: ...webclient/war\... !
???????

Antal

If you don´t have the new application server, AS_JDEdwars_1 or don´t have inside it, the configuration for the servlet SE_JDEdwards_1 or inside it don´t have Web Application EA_JDEdwards_1, you need to reinstall your web server again. Take a look at my message above that has some explanations about how to pass the node number in the instalation.
Your other problems can be solved using this document in Knowledge Garden: GSSTF-02-0463.
About the port number, if you have a different from 80. Do this: Select the virtual host VH_JDEdwards_1, Select the Advanced buttom. You´ll see the Aliases from Host. You have to add the name of your web server + : + your port number. eg: server:800
If you don´t do that, you won´t be able to open your logon page.

Thank you,
The GSSTF-02-0463 conserning to Websphere3.5 and I installed WebSphere 4.0.1 - can I use it nevertheless?

Did you use WebSphere 4.0 or 3.5?
Because the 4.0 install skips the WebSphere 4.0.1AEs Configuration screen - according the Install Guige
My configuration:
WebSphere4.0.1Single Server Edition; XE_SP20_G1;Win2000;SQL2000;MsIIS

Hi I battled the issue of installing the new SP20 on my machine for two days. Worst thng is there is complete departure in term of installation ( directorry Structure) with this SP, also I dont think documentation and the support personnnel at JDE were of Any use.

Here are few of the steps I have taken to get it installed

1) If your AS is not coming up in Websphere.Pls shut down you IBM webserices and then try it will work,
2) Also rember, ther eis no longer a file called jas.jar come any more , Now you get Jas35.jar or jas40.jar depnding on the version of Websphere yu are using
3) Funning thing it will not be comng along SP20, but you have to download the latest One-off and it wil be there ( i am using SP20_h1).

I had so much trouble installing I only know, If you look at the installtion you will find two copies of Jas.ini, I have put the question which one is the righ onefor over a week with JD edwards they haven't been able tocome up with an answer till now. OS i update both of them.

Now the only problem I amhaing is creatign additional instances , its somehow not working.and ther is no clear instruction.

Back