Renaming Business Views

Aiming4theFoot

Does anyone know how to rename a business view? In OL, there is a Rename button in the Form Exit bar, but it is greyed out no matter what. Even if you check it out, it is still disabled. We thought it might be a permissions problem, so we had our Systems Admin try it. She got the same result.

Why do you want to rename it? Why not copy it and give the copy the name you want?

There is no copy button in OL to do this. There seems to be one on every
other object except for Business Views.

Jason Pierson
Assistant Systems Administrator
Awana Clubs International

Jason Pierson
B7332 SP16.007 / Oracle 8.1.7 / WinNt 4.0 SP6 / Intel

There is no copy button in OL to do this. There seems to be one on every other object except for Business Views.

as far as I know, you cannot copy or rename database objects like tables and business views. would it be too hard to create one from scratch?

We copy BSVWs and Table Definitions, all the time.

I'd have to guess that your buttons in OMW have been secured out. Review the security (Oh, and don't forget the STATUS of your project) in OMW.

Daniel

ps, double-check the status of your project, OMW Rules may not allow copy/delete/create/anything, based on the status.

Note Jason sez "There is no copy button in OL to do this".

Evidently they are still using Object Librarian even though they are on SP 16.

Jason, I reccommend you try using OMW. I know, its horrible to use after OL, but just like the dentist drill eventually you'll get used to it.

Cheers,

This functionality was not available with OL. All you can do is create a new bsvw from scratch.

:-( That's what I was afraid of.
Thank you.

Jason Pierson
Assistant Systems Administrator
Awana Clubs International

Jason Pierson
B7332 SP16.007 / Oracle 8.1.7 / WinNt 4.0 SP6 / Intel

We are running on B7332. We do not have OMW; only OL. We are in the process of upgrading to ERP 8. I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet on this one and create a new view. Thanks to everyone for the help.

Jas,

One other thing to consider - you have done a GET or CHECK-OUT of the object? I may be daimbramaged, but, I thought objects had to be gotten or checked out before they could be copied.

db

Back