Update Package Spec Merge Fails for Win XP (still) after SP 20_E1

Larry_Jones

Larry_Jones

Legendary Poster
Hi All,

I know some of you were waiting on the fix to the update package problem on Windows XP clients (SARs 5690830, 6170879) just as we were. These SARs were included in SP 20_C1. Because of bugs introduced we waited for E1.

- We installed SP 20 and SP 20_E1 in our multi-foundation test environment.
- A foundation only update package was created and deployed to both a NT 4 and a Win XP workstation. Both installed correctly.
- Next an update package containing APPL, UBE, C BSFN, and NER BSFN objects was created and deployed, again to the two workstations. This time only the NT workstation installed correctly. The XP workstation exhibited the same behavior we see under SP 15.1 where the install freezes during spec merge.

It appears that contrary to the SAR and SP documentation this problem has yet to be addressed.

Has anyone else installed SP 20_C1 or higher to address the issue and met with success (or failure)?

Of course we've placed a call with JDE but I wanted to update fellow "listers" who were planning on installing this fix also.

Regards,

Hold on, this may be self inflicted . . . will update this tomorrow.

half september we have installed SP20 including the oneoff C1.

So far all the update packages I and some of my collagues which have XP fat clients have installed without errors (finally)

Yes, definitely self-inflicted. We didn't re-compress the system foundation after installing the E1 One-Off.

Everything's tested and looking Good!

Finally - XP support!

Back