can JDE gross up a paycheck?

tbackoff

I posted this question several months ago but received no reply so I will try again. Currently there seems to be absolutely no way to gross up a paycheck using our current JDE OW XE payroll module. Does anyone know of this being added in (hopefully) the near future? We currently use an external program (Paybreeze) to calculate and then do an interim payment with tax overrides in order to process accurately. (who knew a payroll system would, or could for that matter, be designed without that function anyway....I must be crazy I guess...). Also, on a side note, has anyone else had major problems with the payroll module in JDE?

Explain what "gross up" means!! As an accountant I have never heard that expression.

I don't believe that Xe has the "Gross Up" function. Gross up is the process of calculating the Taxes needed to create a check with a desired net amount. For example, you want a bonus check with a net of $1,000 and the system to calculates the taxes needed to add on top of the $1000.

I have heard that JD Edwards might be adding this functionality to one of the newer releases, but I don't know which realease.

We are using the payroll module for about 3 years and are happy with the way it is functioning.

Peace.

Thanks Ken..... I didn't understand the terms he used. You are right, XE doesn't have that function.

OK I guess that answers my question. I just don't understand how any payroll processing software could have even left the developer without being able to gross up a check. It is one of the most basic requirements of any payroll system, but then we haven't exactly had the best time with our payroll module anyway we look at it, so I guess I can't say I'm too surprised that it isn't possible with JDE. Thanks for you reply though!

I feel your pain. But keep in mind that JDE is a financial package that added payroll, not a payroll package that added financials. And the payroll module for OneWorld is only about 3 years out from Beta, which is still relatively young. (And it has come a long way from the Beta version.)

If it is that important to you, I would log a call with the GSS and request that this functionality be added to the software. There may already be a SAR for this. You could also join the Payroll/HR SIG and try to push from that end as well. The more customers that complain, the more responsive JDE will be.

Peace.

JDE can gross up paychecks with P07210I. The Interim Workbench offers functionality to "gross-up" manual checks.

This is available with ERP 8. It may be available with Update 7. I am still checking into this.

Yes. ERP8 does include the gross up feature on the interim workbench. We are in the middle of an ERP8 upgrade and the interim workbench seems to be a very nice improvement over the interim process in Xe.

Yes. OneWorld "Grosses Up" my paycheck every month (oops, sorry, I mean I "crumble up" my paycheck each month when I look at it and see how small it is).

Back