Memory issues on citrix

Willnks

OW Xe SP 20 on WTS with Windows 2000 SP 2 & Citrix Metaframe 1.8 SP 3.
*************Hi there,
Does anybody have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot/resolve the 'Instruction at xxxxxxxx referenced memory at xxxxxx. could not be read' errors that we are continuously getting? This happens on all apps and affects nearly all users intermittently. We seem to continuously delete & recreate user overrides to no avail. Any advice appreciated!
Also what do poeple know about BSFN 'IsClientRunningOnWTS' - B9861A
thanks in advance!
neil

Glad to see I'm not the only one getting those errors. We run OW Xe SP 18.1 on WTS w/ SP3 & MetaFrame XP 1.0 SP/FR 2. I've been able to track down some of the errors to printer drivers. If you are mapping print drivers try disabling this for a week or two if you can get away with it. If that helps then it's just a matter of figuring out which driver is conflicting. Printing is the scourge of the Earth. I got rid of a few trouble printers and my errors have calmed down substantially. In particular, the HP DeskJet 1120C has been the worst printer I've ever dealt with. Good luck.

Neil :

Memory issues like yours are usually related to :

a) User overrides. Try purging xx7333.F98950 tables. These tables
contain user-defined grid formats, unfortunately users tend to love
this very unstable feature!
b) IE release. Check that your Citrix servers have IE 5.5 SP2 or higher.
c) Printers drivers are a nightmare too, some of them may even take
your server down to 'blue screen'.
d) Try using W environments. Some installations have reported enhanced
stability after using W environments on Citrix.

Have luck!

Regards, Sebastian Sajaroff

Had some prob.'s here too, w. a Gestetner color printer. Print Spooler was crashing on Citrix Servers. We finally wrote a script for Citrix/JDE Users to check for and disable problem printers at Citrix/TSE Sign On time. This has helped.

Can I get a copy of the script that you're using to disable problem printers at sign-on time? I'm seeing similar problems across all of our Citrix servers.

Barto, I would also be interested in seeing this script. I keep having problems from our Japan office. I don't know the brand, but they bought some obscure name printers and they drive us crazy adding it as their local default printer.

Back