Unable to open Printer

wloban

Well Known Member
Hi List -

My users are encountering a problem when attempting to print from the Submitted Job Search form. They highlight a job and select the Print selection which is a row exit. I receive the following error in the JDE.LOG on the server:
KNT0000140 - Could not open printer \\thunder\pisv14 for printing

This error is received regardless ot the printer selected. The users need to open up the PDF and then print from the PDF display. When they do this they are able to send the output to the printer.

Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill

Hey,

Are your users trying to use the row exit print from a citrix session or a fat client? We have issues with the row exit from citrix clients but not fat clients. There was discussion about this before on the list, can't remember when. You might want to do a search to see if you can find the thread.

Hi Jeremey -

All of the clients attempting this are fat clients.

I'll try to locate the thread where this was addressed before.

Thanks,
Bill

Hi Bill,

does the user who is running the services has the right to open the printer? I had this issue at a site where the printserver was a UNIX-box and the User JDE did´nt have the right to open the printer and we recveived the same error message. We changed it and then it was working fine

I found the cause of the problem. No printers were defined on the enterprise server.

I added the printer and the PRINT row exit now works.

Thanks for everyones input.

Bill

Back