ESU not in the list??

vinnyl

Hi list,

I need to apply an ESU : JD13036
I ve downloaded the “JD13036.exe” from JDE Knowledge Garden.
I ve extracted the files to “\\Deployment server\B733\ESU\JD13036”.
Then from our deployment server, I ran “\\Deployment server\B733\ESU\JD13036\setup.exe”.
It s loaded the ESU into the Planner\Package\JD13036 directory and inserted JD13036.mdb into the Planner\Data directory.

I signed in to OneWorld as JDE, into the JDEPLAN environment.
From menu GH9612, Software Update, selected Find.
Then the ESU I ve set up doesn’t appear in the list. ????

I ve checked in the registry.
The key values for this ESU are located in the right registry branches: LocalMachine/Software /JDEdwards/OneWorldWindowInstaller/ProductID and LocalMachine/Software/JDEdwards/OneWorldWindowInstaller/Install.ini

I tried to apply another ESU a few weeks ago. I got the same problem. Before that I could apply ESUs normally.

Any suggestion?
Do you think I need to reinstall the Deployment server

Thanks for your help

Vinnyl
B7332, AIX, Win2000, Metaframe 1.8

Did you see all your other downloaded ESU's if not check to make sure you were in Electronic Software Updates and not just Software Updates.

Also, they've changed the way the ESUs are done, and you need to put the latest planner ESU on.

Does a line for JD13036 get added to your F9670 in planner\data\jdeb7.mdb?

Have you loaded JD5550, or the latest B7332 Planner esu?

Have you loaded an Xe Planner ESU by mistake?

Hi Vinnyl,

Can you check something.

1. How many ESU have you applied?
2. Do you do ESU backup?
3. How many entries do you have in the ODBC system DS? IF you have more that 254 enties in the system DS, some of your DS will not appear in the list including your latest ESU's.

I had as same problem. It took me awhile to figure it out.

Adrian,
I ve just removed 5 ODBC system DS entries ("old" ESUs).
Then I ve ran setuo.exe again.
It doesnt change anything. The ESU is still not listed.
Also I cant find a system DS entry for that ESU.

Hi,

Do Regedit and go to ODBC under Local Machine/software/ODBC/ODBC.ini and see if the ESU is there. If it is there, then you are going to have to delete more DS. The best way is to delete Backup ESU entries.

I ve deleted all the Backup ESU entries (ODBC DataSources).
When I run setup.exe, no ODBC DS is generated.

Hi,

Try this Open jde7.mdb database. Select the F9670 table. Delete the record that is related to your ESU that you are trying to install. Relogon to Oneworld and retry the software update.

If that does not work. Open the F9670 table redelete that record. Then open the F9671 and delete all the records related to the ESU that you are trying to install.

The first paragraph comes from a KG document and the second paragraph i have used to fix similia problems.

Back