Unified logon

gigi

gigi

VIP Member
Hi,
I've a question about unified logon. If I'll setup this kind of validation, Operating System user and OneWorld user must match. Do Operating system user password and OneWorld user password must match? Or can they be different?
Thanks Gigi
Ow XE/Oracle/SP19

No, the passwords do not need to match.

This gives you a handy tool. If you need to validate the functionality of a user you can change their OneWorld password to something you know and log in as them by turning Unified Logon off in your jde.ini. Because they use Unified Logon this change will not affect them.

Dave is right, the user password for OneWorld is NOT USED in Unified Logon. I generally set it to something complicated and don't even let the user know what it is.

Windows tells OneWorld the user is authenticated and OneWorld then just does straight to the system account.

Regards

If the user profile is the same as the system profile, then only 1 id is setup in OneWorld. So if you changed that user's password, wouldn't the user need to know the new password so that they could logon?

If you use Unified Logon than if one changes the password for a Oneworld user profile the user does not have to know it unless he/she also uses a fat client at times.

As Paul told already the OS logon has to be correct and if a profile is setup in OW it simply can logon. there is no synchronisation between these two.

When unified logon is used, your users do not need to know the OneWorld password - regardless of fat or thin (citrix) client.

Back