Replacing a Deployment Server

tsebold

I am trying to find some documentation on the best way to replace a deployment server. I will be swapping out servers a month or so when my current server rolls off lease. Anyone have any tried suggestions.

Have you thought about using GHOST?

Another idea (If the new server is similar) is keeping the hard drives from the server and sending back new drives with the leased system. You can install the original drives in the new deployment system.

Otherwise, you will need to install the deployment server from CD and copy over your old B7333 directory or restore it from tape. Make sure you keep the server name the same.

have a look at OTI-99-0057 on the KG.

Works fine. Have done the process a couple of times now. It is simplest if you keep the server name the same, but not essential.

I agree with Antipodes as long as the name isn't changing and the drive letters are staying the same. Document oti-99-0057 is pretty easy to follow but if either the server name or drive letters are changing, the directions are incomplete. Tables F9650 and F9651 need to be edited as well with the new information. Do a search on the list for Changing out a deployment server and renaming a deployment server for a more complete thread on this subject.

Re: RE: Replacing a Deployment Server

I encountered no issues going from NT to 2000. A few things I did was to keep the same server name and drive letters as well as retaining the IP address. I figured the less things I changed, the less potential for introducing problems.

Gary

I had some problems with terminal services. They need to be turned off. OneWorld still thought they were running. I don't remember the particulars but if you do a search on terminal services you probably find my post and the solutions offered.

Patty

While Terminal Services is not officially supported on the Deployment Server, using Terminal Services is soooooooooo much better than PCAnywhere, NetMeeting (fill in your favorite remote software that has a .50 second delayed response time).

Add OWDEVELOPER=TRUE to the Deployment Server jde.ini (the one in C:\winnt) in the debug section and RDP to your heart's content.

Did you do an in place upgrade, or a fresh install?
--- pianosynth <[email protected]> wrote:
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=OW&Number=46783

=====
Dan Eppich
The Anschutz Corporation
B7332 Coexistant, V4R5 w/central objects
INS Card deployment server
SP16.1
Optio DCS 6.3.2
Fat and Citrix ICA Web Client

I installed JDE on the new server and then copied the Oneworld directory from the old server to the new. Brother of Kara indicated that he is using Terminal Services, but I couldn't get a package to build until I uninstalled TS. I would be interested in finding out how BOK got this to work with TS installed.

Did you make the jde.ini changes I mentioned earlier?

Back