Today we are running OneWorld Xe SP18.1_F1 with Fat Clients and 1 Citrix
Server (NT4 SP6, MetaFrame 1.8).

We are now running a project were we will replace old applications with
OneWorld, that means we
will have more users logging onto OneWorld, meaning 1 Citrix Server is to
small.
We have decided to to build a 'Citrix Farm' but we don't want to remain
with our current config
(NT4SP6, MetaFrame 1.8), we want to go for W2000 and MetaFrame XP.

- I wonder, does OneWorld Xe SP18.1 works with W2000 and MetaFrame XP as
Citrix Servers ?

- Are they any known problems with the above combination ?

- Is someone of you out there running OneWorld Xe SP18.1_F1 on Citrix W2000
MetaFrame XP ?

Thank you for your help.

two AS400 as ES, OW Xe, SP18.1_F1

Best regards
Mats Thunholm

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mats Thunholm
Amersham Biosciences
Uppsala, Sweden
+46 18 612 0646 (w), +46 70 666 5819 (m)
[email protected]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OW XE, SP16.1 + one off's, AS400 V4R5
Mats Thunholm
AmershamBiosciences
Uppsala, Sweden

We are in the fianl stages of testing, ready to "go live" next month. We are running on W2000 with Metaframe XP. We are only at Xe SP17.1, AS400 V4R5, but nothing really strange has happened yet.

We are running XE SP 19.1 on a Windows 2000 Cluster, SQL 2000, with 14 Windows 2000 terminal servers running Citrix Metaframe XP in production. No major problems, just make sure you have all current service packs in place. Our only disappointment was the Citrix universal print driver. Using the Universal Print Driver instead of native print drivers makes the PDF files balloon 500%.

Gregg Larkin
Global CNC
Praxair, Inc.

OW XE, Update 2 (soon to be update 6), SP 19.1
Win 2k Cluster, SQL 2k
Metaframe XP
XPIe 4.5

Hello

What do yo mean by "just make sure you have all current service packs in
place" .......
Do you mean I need the current SPs on OW (SP20), XP (FR1), CA400 ??

Best regards
Mats Thunholm

Mats Thunholm
Amersham Biosciences
Uppsala, Sweden
[email protected]

gregglarkin
<gregg_larkin@pr To: [email protected]
axair.com> cc:
Sent by: Subject: Re: Citrix Farm (Win2000, MF-XP)
owner-jdelist@jd
elist.com

2002-10-04 23:28
Please respond
to jdelist

We are running XE SP 19.1 on a Windows 2000 Cluster, SQL 2000, with 14
Windows 2000 terminal servers running Citrix Metaframe XP in production.
No major problems, just make sure you have all current service packs in
place. Our only disappointment was the Citrix universal print driver.
Using the Universal Print Driver instead of native print drivers makes the
PDF files balloon 500%.
Gregg Larkin
Global CNC
Praxair, Inc.
Win 2k Cluster, SQL 2k
Metaframe XP
XPIe 4.5
--------------------------
To view this thread, go to:
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=OW&Number=43003
+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+
This is the JDEList One World® / XE mailing list/forum.
Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
UNSUBSCRIBE can be found on the JDEList Forum at
http://www.JDEList.com

JDEList is not affiliated with JDEdwards®

+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+

Mats Thunholm
AmershamBiosciences
Uppsala, Sweden

Mats,

You wrote:

"What do yo mean by "just make sure you have all current service packs in
place" .......
Do you mean I need the current SPs on OW (SP20), XP (FR1), CA400 ??"

I'm sure that stuff wouldn't hurt, but what I was refering to was the Windows 2000 service packs and the Citrix Service Packs. Our terminal servers are currently running Citrix XP 1.0, Service Pack 1, Feature Release 1. The OS on the terminal servers is Windows 2000 Advance Server, SP 2 with a number of hot fixes applied. We have also installed Acrobat 5 on the terminal servers. Acrobat 5 provides my users with the option to "Save A Copy." We have users from all over the US, Canada, Mexico and Belgium connecting to these servers. We have found that printing a large report from the terminal server to a user's local printer can be slow. The workaround is to have the user save the PDF to a local computer and then print the file from there. In our tests, transfering a large PDF across the WAN is much faster than printing across the WAN.
--------------------------
Gregg Larkin
Global CNC
Praxair, Inc.
Win 2k Cluster, SQL 2k
Metaframe XP
XPIe 4.5

Gregg, How are you manage to deploy a full package to 14 servers especially your users are on line? Do you perform this only on weekend? Regards, David

Hello JDElist,

Thank you very much for your valuble input regarding 'Citix Farm (Win200,
MF-XP)'.
I think we will go for MF-XP .......

Best regards
Mats Thunholm

Mats Thunholm
Amersham Biosciences
Uppsala, Sweden
[email protected]

Mats Thunholm
AmershamBiosciences
Uppsala, Sweden

David,

You asked:
"Gregg, How are you manage to deploy a full package to 14 servers especially your users are on line? Do you perform this only on weekend? "

Sleep is for wimps, JDE is my life.....

Actually, our practice is this. We build only full packages (most of the time). The client package is deployed to a test terminal server. We run R98CRTGL and R92TAM to take care of the JITI and the Data Dictionary. Once that is done, we use a batch program to copy out the Directories out to the terminal servers with a .new extention. For example, PY7333.new. We then have another batch application to rename the PY7333 directories to PY7333.old and then strips off the .new extension. We do a similar process on the Enterprise and application servers. We run our package builds starting at 5:00 PM. We do the deploy to the test terminal server the following day, and get the new directories staged during the day. Then the following morning around 5:30 am I will log in from home to change over the directory names. We generally build and deploy a new PY and PD package on our production system three times a month, each. Needless to say, building and deploying packages is a large chunk of my job.

Gregg Larkin
CNC Workaholic

Greg,
WE are still new to One World, but are using almost the same procedure. Copy the files from the deployment server to the CITRIX servers. When the CITRIX servers are re-booted (nightly) the copied files are renamed. We don't have anywhere near 14 servers (only 2 so far). It's good to know we are not the only ones using a specifixsolution.

Back