Full Regen with eGenerator

amiller

When trying to do a full regen on the JAS server, I only see three of the eight "Generate" options (Generate Menus, Generate Application and Generate Report). I don't see the other five options. I need to be able to select the "Generate All Objects". Has this happened to anyone?

Attachments

• 42538-eGenerator Screen Shot.doc
    61 KB · Views: 119
You need to add the line WebAdmin=1 to the [INTERACTIVE RUNTIME]
stanza of your jde.ini. Be sure to also add the line
BatchFile=C:\B7\tempjar\internet\jas (change the directory as
appropriate to point to where your gen.bat file is.)

--Scotti Whitmire
DeRoyal Industries
Xe U2, SP19.1, AIX4.3.3, Oracle 8.1.6.3

Annalise,

Add the line
[INSTALL]
WebAdmin=1
to the generation machine's JDE.INI .

Thanks, Gerd

You may want to check the jde.ini file on your eGen machine. There are settings in the Interactive Runtime section that need to be added. One thing to remember is that deploying a full package to eGen machine will replace existing jde.ini file. So, you could either make a backup of a working jde.ini file or put the needed settings in the jde.ini template on the Deployment Server.

WebAdmin=1
GUARDIAN_PORT=9000
REPVM_PORT=9100
APPVM_PORT=9200
Batch_File=C:\B7\tempjar\internet\jas
LocalGen=C:\B7\tempjar\localgen

I am having a similar issue. Upon installing Service Pack 19.1, I can serialize everything EXCEPT UBEs.

Initially, I was receiving an error in the jdedebug.log stating it couldn't find F98305V, so I generated the file and that error has disappeared. Now I run the generator and I receive absolutely no error messages, it just says "Generating report XXXXX' whichever report it may be that I am attempting to generate.

I found a few documents stating that I should re-generate F983051 and F98305V. I am not quite sure if they mean to re-generate it within eGenerator or physically re-generate the table. I can't believe they would want us to re-generate the F983051 table as we would lose all of our version entries!

Previously, running SP16.1 there were no generation issues at all.

OneWorld Xe Update 4, SP19.1, AS/400 V5R1.

Thanks for any help,

JM

What I seem to remember is that you had to generate F98305V and F983051 in the eGenerator, then generate the rest of your objects.

If you apply SP20, there is a set of Core Objects that should be generated first. You can find these Core Objects and generate them by opening the egenerator and going to File>Core Objects. The Core Objects have always been necessary before other objects are generated:

Back