JDEWeb / Security?

DBohner-(db)

Legendary Poster
For those of you currently using the JDE Web Client - a few Q's on Security...

We are considering the use of the WEB client over TS, for many reasons. Currently we need to review the Security aspect of the JDEWeb...

Does the WEB Client use the same security as is setup within the Security WorkBench? I'd assume it does.

Does the Web cleint use Solution Explorer? Question being - we have defaulted *public as having all authority and are using Solution Explorer as a security by omission. FastPath is not available to our users. If the Web Client uses something other than Solution Explorer - I'd expect our security-by-omission to be something of the past...

whitepapers/solutions??/

Daniel

Daniel
The one thing I would like to add is if make any changes in Oneworld Security , To see these chages in THIN(HTML) client you need to restart the instance of JAS(Clear the cache)

The OneWOrld HTML client, uses the same security model as the normal fat client, action, application, PO, tabs the lot. So whatever you do for fat client users is reflected in the HTML client (There are still a few anomalies and bugs though, report them and they tend to get fixed quite quickly)

A word of caution, deploying a web application through MetaFrame / Terminal Services will lose you all performance bandwidth advantages of both HTML and Microsoft / Citrix technologies, since Terminal Services / Citrix treat web pages as bitmaps...

Chris

www.cds-solutions.com

Back