P4101 Memory Violation

PAULDCLARK

Well Known Member
I'm at a site with a very strange error orginally thought to be caused by Update 6 although this now does not appear to be the case.

When ammending an item in P4101; pressing OK results in the following error:

Application popup: Work With Item Master Browse - [Item Master Revisions]: oexplore.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x77fcb608" referenced memory at "0x00000038". The memory could not be "written".

And OneWorld bombs out. However this does not happen in the 'W' environments, and we have proved that mapping N4101060 and N4101070 to the server fixes the problem.

Update 6 has been applied to the DV7333 Environment some months ago, but now the error is happening in new packages for PY7333 and PD7333. It therefore seems reasonable that there is a problem on the build machine, i.e. the deployment server. Unfortunately I don't have the time at the moment to try building a different machine.

I have therefore reinstalled VS6SP5, updated the deployment server to SP17.1_I1 and rebuilt the business functions, which completes perfectly. I have switched off SQL Packages, and none of it makes a blind bit of difference, the error still occurs until we remap the two business functions.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

Many thanks

Paul Clark
Senior CNC Consultant (UK)

Platform:
OneWorld Xe SP17.1_I1, Update 6 (Partially in)
Latest Planner ESU
AS400: V4R5
DepSvr: Compaq W2K SP2

Paul,

I would start by removing all user overrides for that application to see if
that helps.

There has been quite a bit of talk on this forum regarding making sure you
delete all user overrides before applying any Update. I believe it boiled
down to applying updates corrupts user overrides. If you want to use user
overrides you should delete them all, apply the Update, and then re-create
the user overrides.

FWIW.

Thanks,
James A. Wilson
JDE CNC Consultant

They did that a couple of months ago, and its still clear now...

The most interesting part about this problem is that when a developer compiles the business functions in debug mode, sets a breakpoint and then runs it, it doesn't crash. However it does if we simply switch debugger on in the JDE.INI file its still fails.

This is regardless of client platform, it just affects the BSFN that runs locally

It turned out to be a Data Dictionary Issue.

I rebuilt it from the CD, reran all of the R989200P merges for the ESUs and XU6. Then using OMW transferred in all of the changes and new items.

I then rebuilt and all is fine, it appears that the compliation used something in the Data Dictionary that wasn't good.

Back