Problem promoting from DV to PY

tgore

tgore

Reputable Poster
Every once in a while I get the ever popular "General Error" when promoting from DV to PY (in OMW). It seems to happen if this is the first time I am promoting a project from DV to PY. If I simply retry the pomote it functions fine. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Do you have versions in your project? I have seen some clients have it set
up where the program has to be promoted by itself and then brought "back
down" so versions could be added... just an idea...

Thanks.

we have that also, also when promoting it to PD.

As far as I have seen it it mostly happens when there are more than so many objects in it. Never gotten to know what it is but not when it is the first time an object gets transferred.

so your not alone with that.

I had this issue a lot before, however since I applied the OMW ESU prior to the current one and SP 18.1 everything seems to be OK.

Cleola,
Can you give me the ESU Number youapplied for the Problem?
Thanks
Prabhaka

Re: RE: Problem promoting from DV to PY

It was JD14727 also make sure you are on the latest planner ESU.

Let us know if it helps.

I don't think so, Check the Log(Row exit in OMW)
I found the following BUGS in OMW appliaction which gives infamous "General Error"

1. If Developer had started object in say Project A and checked in , P9861 marks this Project name in MODCMT field for the object.Now Developer moves this object to Project B and ask you to promote.
While promoting you will get "General Error" and if you see logging you will find "The object was not modified in this project" something like that.
I developed application for this which fixes this issue, if you are interested mail me.
BTW JDE has confirmed this bug and will be fixing in SP20

2. If you have Versions in the project and Developer/Configurator specified medium security, again you will error.

This is true....Objects are always linked to the project they were last checked into. in order to drag an object from the project it was checked into to another project and promote it you have to check that object out in the new project and check it back in. Henc the reason for having projects. Once you promote the project to the completed status generally 01 then it object becomes fair game again. Also for promoting versions for custom objects you have to either promote the template with the versions or promote them first, otherwise OMW will give you an error.

Back