ODBC connection

Hatem

Guys…wired thing happened to me today,
I just finished a new OneWorld XE installation then I went to do the installation plan as usual, I did it but before giving me the plan report the OneWorld give me this little screen asking me for user/password for the ODBC connection for "System - B7333" data source. I reviewed every thing all over again…. It’s the same as I used to do many times before.
The user JDE is local admin in the Server…and its also a domain admin and it have a login in the Sql server all with the same password.
And if I go to the ODBC data source from the control panel\administrative tools and try to reconfigure any of the data sources that my plan create to connect to the enterprise server… it work fine with JDE user/password…. So why my plan cant use it and gives me this odbc window….. also there is another wired thing I can log on into jdeplan on the deployment with jde user name and with any or none password for it!!!! I tried to change the password for it inside OW to be the same like windows and sql password but it never change.
Please help Thankxxx

Try configuring your ODBC Data Sources with Trusted Connection (Windows
Authentication) instead of SQL Authentication.

Hope this helps.

Greetings

Ricardo Paz

Hatem,
when you first install OW on your DS there is no Security set up yet. As
you connect to local JDEPLAN.MDB and JDEB7.MDB Access databases there is
no password checking either. That´s why can you can log in to JDEPLAN
with user JDE and any password.
However, when you execute your plan and OW tries to connect to your SQL
database (System - B7333) it will use JDE and whatever you typed in as
password. To make a long story short:
try again with JDE/JDE when you login to JDEPLAN.
If it still doesn´t work check this:
- OW datasource definition
- ODBC datasource setup
- database setup
- check if you can logon to your database with JDE/JDE.

Good luck, Gerd

Re: RE: ODBC connection

I think Hatem that you need to ask Amr El Sheikha I thinks he will help you !!!!!!

Back