What did I miss (Row Security/ P4101/ LITM / PRP7)

JDE4PSI

Dear list,

I am trying to implement row security in P4101 using either LITM or PRP7 (Cat. Code). The problem I am facing is that the above-mentioned security only takes effect in my workstation. All other workstations have no effect of above applied security.

I have verified that row security box is checked for both LITM and PRP7 in data dictionary. In addition, I have also verified that all of us are using latest package build.

The above behavior is confusing. I have applied row security before and as soon as I click OK the security is in effect on every workstation. However, with LITM or PRP7 this is not the case. Did I miss something?

Any help will be appreciated.

Kindest Regards,

Ather Iqbal
__Pharmaceutical Solutions Industry
[email protected]
__XE (SP 16) on Windows 2000 with SQL 7
[frown][frown][frown]

Ather

This my be a silly question but did you have the users sign off/on? The security table are cached. Security will not take effect until the user signs off and then back on.

Patty

Ather

You described your row security as P4101/LITM/PRP7. I thought row security is for tables only. Is P4101 a typo?

Patty

Did u do a *Public security or did you only apply it to your self and Row security is on a Table basis Column is Table, App. and Form level.

Hi Ather,
I have seen this behaviour. It seems to me that you are either using W or J environments. The security is cached on the Enterprise server. So either you will have to restart the JDEdwards services or reset the cache(There is also document available on knowedge Garden on resetting the cache).

Hope this help

Normally for security I create a test account and test group and then make changes there to see the effects. I applied this row security to this test group.

I could be totally wrong here. Can we apply row security on P4101. LITM and PRP7 do have option in data dict for row security.

Thanks

It is P4101. What I am trying to do is to let users see what they should see on item master. That is why I am trying to work with LITM and PRP7.

I could be totally wrong here. Can we apply row security on P4101. LITM and PRP7 do have option in data dict for row security.

Thanks

Could you please give me more info. In my case row security is working fine except for LITM and PRP7. Firstly can I use row security for these fields.

In case of above mentioned fields I see the change only on my workstation. Did you mean that security is cached in my machine that why I can see the effects and not the others.

Thanks

Ok...di you use security workbench to make those changes or did you try to secure the fields in using data dictionary. IF you use DD then the change is onky on your workstation....you will have to promote and deploy the changes. if you use security Workbenc P00950 which is what you really should use to implenement security all you test user has to do is log out and back in to see the changes.

In Security workbench you cannot do row security on an application it is on a table basis.

Hope this helps.

Back