Redeployment of Package causing problems

vivek_kaushal

Well Known Member
Hi JDEList
We recently redeployed the Full package and all its related update packages to the server( Did not redeploy it to Client/WTS). We figured out that some of the custom batch version specifications were missing from the Server. Generally the batch version specifications are submitted to the server when we run the batch version. However the batch versions specifications that were called from other batch versions were not there on the Enterprise Server. I have resolved the problem by submiting the specifications of the versions which were called by the other UBEs.
BUT I am not able to figure out why this problem happened and how can I avoid it in the future? Any ideas??

Thanks

Hi Vivek,

When was the last time you built a full package? The best way to avoid this is to rebuild a new full package and deploy it to all fat clients and server.
I´m at a client that had the same problem and I simple built a new full package and deployed it to all fat client and server and everything is okay. Now, every client and server are in sync with all the objects and version.

Vivek,

You seldom want to re-deploy packages to your server. Whenever you build a Package (Full or update) always make sure that your server gets it first them deploy it to your clients.

If for some reason you think that there is an issue with you server specs the safest way is to build a new full package.

Back