Foreign Tab

gnorei

We had legasy database on LINUX MYSQL. I had installed ODBC drivers for MYsql on the client where i am running JDe system.Than i had added Data source name,Environment and OCM mappings,every thing was fine .

Problem is i am not able to get the Legasy tables in Foreign tab and also in UTB.If any one treid with it,ur most welcome to give up the right thing.
thanks

OW and/or UTB can only see OW tables. Make your foreign table a OW table.
For that you will have to create the table specs as an exact match to
your actual foreign table, that includes the table´s name. DO NO CREATE
THE TABLE after designing it (it already exists and you do not want to
delete the data).
After the table specs are known to OW and your Datasource setup is
correct you should be able to see it.
Good luck, Gerd

Gnorei :

Problem is that JDEdwards doesn't support other databases than

MS SQL Server
Oracle
UDB/2
DB2/400
MS Access

Even if you've got the ODBC Driver and data source created, you can't
access a database other than these five.
For example, you can't either access an Ingres or Informix DB.

Sebastian Sajaroff (JDELIST)

Re: RE: Foreign Tab

Gnorei and Sebastian,

I have to tell you that the answer is : if your RDBMS is able to see it then "OneWorld is able to see it", even if it's out of the list of five type. I use this technique to read a sybase database from UTB, APPL or UBE !

Let me give you the basic step :

Let's say you want to access table "myforeigntable" with two field "client_number" and "client_name"

- make sure that you have the driver to contact your foreign table.
- In OneWorld create a table "F55TEST" with two field (we don't care about the name) for example TTAN8 and TTALPH. don't generate the table.
-Then in your database (SQL or Oracle) create in the OneWorld Database a view like this : "select client_number as TTAN8, client_name as TTALPH from myforeigntable"
-Next : Wow there is nothing else ! open utb and "READ" your foreign table from OneWorld. You can also create a OneWorld view over this "fake" OneWorld table.

Ok this answer was short but it is also because if you search on the list you will find a lot of post on this subject.

(The way I use will work for read only, no update)

Back