UDC object transfer

JMR

VIP Member
Since I am not very CNC literate and my client is just beginning, I need to know what the procedure is for promoting new UDC codes. I have created them in DV, have them in a project at status 21, and want to promote to PY. I do the project promotion to 26, but get errors related to the transfer of my UDC codes.

Is OMW the right tool for UDC promotion? Is there special consideration in the transfer activity rules? Allowed actions?

Thanks in advance,

HI Jeremy

If this is a new UDC like 55 AT, you have to create the 55 AT in PY before promoting the project.

IF this not a new UDC like 01 01, then check to see if the Object MAnagement Configuration is setup correct for menu from status 21 to 26.

You are doing it in the right place. Check your transfer activity rules to insure you are moving from/to the correct location. I had the same problem a couple of months ago. It turned out that the transfer activity rules were referencing "Control Tables" and they should have been pointing to "AS400 Common". I traded e-mails with JDE Help desk for close to a week before I "stumbled" across the error by doing some investigation on my own.

Back