Mirror Image of CRP

lori_jondron

HI,

I have attempted refreshing my entire CRP environment from my PROD. I've used the Document OTI-01-0026 entitled Creating a mirror image... I believe it all went fine except for the Copying Packages part. JDE Technical sent me a makeshift document on copying packages, although it says to build empty packages after copying the packages over in order to populate with package build information. Has anyone ever done this? It is not working for me. I am not able to build a package on CRP - I'm getting errors in Table F9885.

Hello, Lori,
I made it during XE upgrade. I built a CRP package and transferred it to PD
(plus Central objects, etc). I didn't have any trouble.
I just checked - I don't have F9885 table. However I am able to build
packages.

Regards, Alex Shevchenko

XE SP18 Oracle 8.1.7, Solaris production
XE SP18 Oracle 8.1.7, Solaris test

I recently did a copy of PD7333 to PY7333. Here are the steps that I took:

1) Log into the Deployment server and go to the following directory: /jdedwardsOneWorld/B7333.
2) Rename the pathcode/directory 'PY7333' to 'PY7333 OLD'.
3) Copy the PD7333 pathcode (right click & select Copy). Paste and rename the new pathcode to PY7333.
4) Expand the PY7333 folder and open up the PACKAGE folder. Delete the packages that were in this folder (because they were created in PD.)
5) Copy PD7333 to PY7333 on your Enterprise server (ours is Unix based, so I had our Unix Admins perform this copy)
6) Run R98403 versions to copy Central Objects, Control Tables and Business Data.
7) Run R989861 version XJDE0001. This populates the F9861 table. Make sure to enter the correct pathcodes (PD7333 - source pathcode), (PY7333 - target pathcode).

Hope this helps! Good luck!

This may be a little dumb, but, could this same procedure be used to copy PY7333 to PD7333. It stans to reason that it could work in either direction. We are nearing our "go live" date and I am looking for a "easy" way to get everything from PY to PD. Our PD7333 was created a couple a weeks ago, but we have not been promoting/deploying to PD7333 yet.

By the way, I think you had minor typo in your response. I think you meant to say target s/b PY7333 and not DV7333.

Thanks for catching my typo...I changed my mistake.

I would think that this would work to copy PY to PD. I don't see why it wouldn't.

Good luck!

Lori

See document OTM-01-0075. In the very last section called Copying Packages step 4 has a very good step by step procedure. I used it and it worked fine for me.

What I used to do instead of the above was to add a record via SQL to the F96021 table making BHBLDSTS=50.

Hope this helps.

Patty

hi,amiller,

the 6 step: Run R98403 versions ,
i know this step is an very important ,and if any mistaken ,maybe will copy PY to PD,ahhhhhhhhh~, that will be very sad!
i have check the versions, and can't decide which version to run ,
is that all the version just the same,chang there prompt value will ok
or should i select the exact one? if so,which one should i choose?

thank u in advance

bee

Hi and thanks for the document number. I thought I'd try your suggestion first since I did perform all of the necessary steps to mirror image my environment per the doc I mentioned earlier. I am still having trouble with the package build process however. I've got JDENET errors with my Enterprise Server. Maybe should re copy PD to CRP on the Enterprise directores.

Annalise,

Thank you so much for your response.
So in your steps you don't mention Copying Packages at all. You are just deleting the package build folder and then performing the R98403's and then the R989861. Is that true? Then you just go in and build a brand new package through package assy.

What is your configuration? If you're using an AS/400 for enterprise server I can help you.

Did you get your answer from the list already? I'm AS/400 based so my
directions may not make sense to you. I've taken that white paper and
changed it into AS/400 commands. Basically, you are copying the packages
from directory to directory, then editing the package.inf files and then
doing some SQL to the OneWorld tables to tell the system the new packages
exist.

Jean Driscoll
AS/400 Co-existent Xe 17.1, Update 4/A73Cum12

Back