Copy a corrupted object from an ESU SPECs

maher_samet

Hi List,

I have done some minor modifications to R42565. And one day, I applied an ESU that merged that object. Unfortunately, the resulting object is corrupted( it does not care of the data selection and treats all the sales orders, not my selection. WHY ? any idea ?). Anyway, I waited some time and downloaded a newer version of that ESU. Before applying it, I changed the merge flag for that object to COPY and not TO MERGE. But the object was ignored since I didn't change since first ESU application. My second question is: HOW to re-apply the ESU and to force the Software Update to copy the object specification in any way to the path code I am applying the ESU to ? Or, is there any way to "copy the object" from the ESU specs to the pathcode ?

Thanks for any suggestions.

OW B733.2 on NT4, SP17.1, SQL 7 SP2.

The cowboy approach might be to go to the record in F9861 for that object and path code, modify the updated date to an earlier date, then run spec merge again. The spec merge application should see that the last modified date is earlier, and merge the object.

Back