Cross Reference Facility Generator

jde57

Hi

How are you doing? I hope that all is well with you.
Thank you for getting back to me each time I email you.

A few days ago, I sent you an email about finding the Business View that is attached to a form.
I have come across Cross Reference Facility (P980011) which can give me that sort of information, but I have been told that for this tool to be useful, I will have to run the Cross Reference Facility Generator on a regular basis. What I am wanting to know is, is running this Generator simply the case of running the R980011 and selecting the appropriate version?
Are there any drawbacks to running this, such as performance and hard drive space?
Regards,

Ajith Singh
D H Brothers Industries (Pty) Ltd t/a Willowton Oil Mills
PO Box 384, Pietermaritzburg, 3200
266 Ohrtmann Road, Willowton, Pietermaritzburg, 3200
Republic of South Africa

Ajith
You XRef can be very useful. Before running check that the OCM mapping
F980011 and F980021 point to a Table on your Enterprise Server because my
default they point to the Central Objects Data Source. You may have to
create the tables which is easy to do using the FDA. In the passed when I've
had the Central Objects stored on the Deployment Server in SQL Server, I
managed to fill up the SQL database.

Regards
Robert Fletcher
AS400

Running the Xref Build only recompiles you objects i.e UBE'e, APPS etc. it includes all JDE base objects and all custom created objects. As to how regular you run it is deopendant on how much changes you make. I run Xref maybe 3 times a year. It is a useful tool for your developers.

It dies take a while to run though. It will not hinder system performance since you have to run it locally it will tie up a fat client for a while.

Hope this helps.

Running the Xref Build only recompiles you objects i.e UBE'e, APPS etc. it includes all JDE base objects and all custom created objects. As to how regular you run it is deopendant on how much changes you make. I run Xref maybe 3 times a year. It is a useful tool for your developers.

It does take a while to run though. It will not hinder system performance since you have to run it locally, it will however tie up a fat client for a while.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

check your database to be able to cope with the size of the XRef tables generated. Also generate the XRef for DV and then map to the XRef tables from other environments or use a central datasource.

Regards,
Michel.

Cross reference has been very useful to us too.

I have some advice to help the "rebuilding relationships" process go a little faster... Apply ESU JD9475 before you rebuild the relationships.

After you've rebuilt everything, apply ESU JD8059 to make the tool run more efficiently.

Applying JD9475 made a huge difference in the time it took to "install".

Good luck.

Back