JDE Scheduler

Soul Glo

Soul Glo

VIP Member
Hi,

Has anyone seen this in the JDE scheduler. There are a few jobs that finished at a status 10 - Launched and will not move to status 20 completed. The jobs actuall complete and sent messages to the WC but the status does not change.

Beofre I used to think tha this happened when we experience a gliched in the services or something but the messaged did not get back to the WC but now I am not sure, becauses the messages are making it ti the WC.

Any advice.

I am atttaching a screen print.

Attachments

• 41601-Schedular Status.doc
    38.5 KB · Views: 95
Cleola,
Are the jobs running on the same machine as the scheduler service? We
saw this on our batch server where the Scheduler was running on the
Enterprise Server under SP16.1. I moved all jobs to the ES because we could
not successfully determine the cause. Since applying SP19.1 the problem
has also gone away on the batch server.

J Boulden
Praxair, Inc.
NT2K, SQL2000, XE CUM2, SP19.1

The fix according to Denver is in SP19.1 or higher. We were experiencing a lot of issues with the scheduler on SP18. We will be testing the scheduler on SP20 next week. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks!

Hi Cleola,

The Scheduler in SP18 will only update the scheduler table for jobs which have completed on the Enterprize server. If you run a seperate batch server the Scheduler will not update the appropriate table when the job completes. This can cause performance issues because the Scheduler kernel checks the for the completion of all "launched" jobs. Because it never updates the status for completed jobs, this check takes longer and longer.

I run R91300B - Scheduler Purge Job each day to clear these jobs from the scheduler table.

Regards

Back